Ornament Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ornament Time

Here is my latest cutting made from 1/8" cherry ply, cut with a FD-SP-FE #3 (still same blade from NW Orca cut), finished with 2 coats of Deft. Probably add another 1-2 coats later. Measures 5 x 3. Christmas is coming!

Tim
    Attached Files
    "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Nice ornament but when scrolling cowgirls a little more detail would be nice.

How does the cherry ply cut compared to BB?

Who in their right mind can be thinking Christmas right after going thru 100 degree heat? You must still be a kid at heart.

Keep them coming.

Mike
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

great work :-)

Charlie,
      Charlie
      "Everything Happens for a Reason"
      Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Nice work Tim,

But I prefer them in high heels rather than cowboy boots.

That's my city slicker side again

Regards,
        Marcel
        http://marleb.com
        DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I have started cutting ornaments also. Cut from bb and need to be painted so must start early. We sell about $400.00 worth of them at each craft sale as well as some other items. 90% of the items we sell are ornaments, priced from $1.50-$6.oo.
          Smitty
          Dewalt 788

Comment

Well she's cute...looks nice.
            Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
            "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Nice ornament Tim. I agree , it is too hot for me to do Xmas stuff now. maybe if there was some snow on that there hat. just kidding nice cowgirl, where did you get that patten? I would also like to know how the cherry was to cut in shutch a small piece. looks great. and I were cowgirl boots. can't kick that high but still can do the dance. Evie

Comment

This is our 2 1/2 months without snow so it's still in the back of your mind. WE have tourists now. The cherry ply is comparable to BB. This was cut with spirals and worked great.
                Marcel - Can we adapt the pattern a little for you?
                I got the pattern from AFSP. the designer is Sylvia. She made this pattern last year. I had these few scraps left over and decided to give it a try. Going to try a bigger pattern that I designed very soon, as time permits. Will post when done.

Tim

PS. AS for being a kid at heart, being a Grandpa is like Christmas all the time!
                "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

Originally posted by core-eagle
                  PS. AS for being a kid at heart, being a Grandpa is like Christmas all the time!
                  Speaking of being a grandpa, I'll be one sometime in the next 10 days. I suppose I should start making puzzles, huh?

Mike
                  Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                  www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Tim, that is kewl ! Is that pattern vaulted on AFSP ? I would very much like to cut that ...nice work !
                    ...~Robert~
                    DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

That's where I got it. or PM Sylvia for it.

Minn. Scroller - Congratulations! You will have to do more than just puzzles. Cribs, chairs, toy boxes, etc. (You get the idea) LOL I've been a grandpa since Father's Day (a month)! Love it!!

Tim

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
                        Reply to New tools
                        by Quartz43
                        I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                        Today, 03:40 PM
                      • hotshot
                        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                        by hotshot
                        You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                        Today, 02:27 PM
                      • RJweb
                        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                        by RJweb
                        I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                        Today, 01:31 PM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        Shrink wrap systems
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                        Today, 11:51 AM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        Reply to Sundays market
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
                        Today, 11:39 AM
                      Working...
                      X