Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patterns...patterns...patterns...

howdy all

Seems like im collecting patterns faster than i can use them.
    Based on some comments i have read looks like a few of you do the same.

Ive got a bunch over there and there and there......i need a better way to store and find them.

Mabey i just shouldnt save any, when i need one i'll just go on line...

how do you keep track and store what you have, do we really need thousands of them (ok stupid question...of course we do...... i think)

thanks.......pete
    Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
    "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

I have a binder with the plastic document protectors for all of the designs from one artist. The rest of my patterns are stored in a portable ( has a carry handle) plastic file box with hangers. I have been categorizing them in a system that makes sense to me now. I also have the "My Scroll saw Projects software" that I am trying to use to create a database on my computer. I have been leaving the magazine patterns in the magazine.
    I think I will loose control soon and the patterns will take over.
    I also have a photo album of every thing that I cut with pattern info on the back of the photo.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I like to scan mine into PDF format then I can print them off as I need.
      I keep the originals in magazines in a binder. They are held in place with a magazine fob.

No there can never be enough patterns.

I may need therapy though
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Too many patterns............No such thing. I have patterns from computer stored on CD's. I have organized them according to type such as animal, people, landscape, fantasy, etc. I also have them sorted by designer. That way I have two copies, but on different discs. I have tried to also index my magazine collections so that I can find the pattern that I am looking for without having to go through them all to find it. You never know what someone will want you to cut. The more the better!!

Tim
        "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

Pete
          My way is real easy, I stack in a cabinet in the garage and I forget what I have. Out of sight out of mind.
          Doesn't work very good.

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Hi Pete, ya gotta love Greenfield Bob's post
            I had to develope a system pretty quick cause I kept losing patterns . Now what I do is use a binder method. I photo copy the index of the magazine (I only subscripe to one,) and I place that in the binder in numeric order of course. I remove the pattern sheets and place them in plastic document covers, and they go in the binder too. When I want a pattern I scan through the index's, until I find what I'm looking for,and low and behold there's the pattern sheet too right there in the binder, if I put it back after I used it last time.
            Not real sophisticated, not even my original idea , but it works for me.
            Good Luck and happy scrolling
            Marsha
            LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Organizing Patterns

Pete,
              I purchased some plastic file boxes and File Folders at Walmart. You could then label and organize the folders as you might wish, by topic, Name, Source, or any other method.

Richard Preator
              Richard Preator

Comment

organized????????????? not mine, i have just piles, no organization skills whatsoever. I search until I find, each time. Dale
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

thanks for all the suggestions, some nifty ideas......pete
                  Pete Ripaldi

Comment

Hehehe, I have 2 filing cabinets with paper copies, generally sorted by type then title (i.e. clocks/victorian or whatever). I also have digital ones stored on DVD's, similar to what Tim does. When someone asks me for a special piece, I usually can't find the pattern anyways, LOL.
                    Kevin
                    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Originally posted by Jediscroller
                      When someone asks me for a special piece, I usually can't find the pattern anyways, LOL.

........perfect !!
                      Pete Ripaldi

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                        Farmers market "survey"
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                        I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                        For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                        Today, 11:14 AM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        Reply to Farmers market
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                        Today, 11:00 AM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                        Today, 09:57 AM
                      • Rolf
                        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                        by Rolf
                        So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                        I like the fact...
                        Today, 08:34 AM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to Farmers market
                        by will8989
                        Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                        Today, 08:17 AM
                      Working...
                      X