Black lab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black lab

I actually did this about 2 months ago but just ( finally ) got a pic the right size for sharing . It's probably the hardest thing I've done so far and I learned a lot from the experience. You guys are right, one of the best learning tools in this hobby ( spelled a-d-d-i-c-t-i-o-n ) is seat time
    DSC03486 (2).JPG
    ...~Robert~
    DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

looks great .
    http://www.picturetrail.com/uid3726744

Comment

Great job on that one Robert. You're definately right about the addiction part, hehehe.
      Kevin
      Scrollsaw Patterns Online
      Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Robert, that lab is abasolutly great. you sure nocked that one out. and i love the outline you made, around the outside. just looks great.
        Evie

Comment

wonderful work there Sawduster

Charlie,
          Charlie
          "Everything Happens for a Reason"
          Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

looks great, nice job..
            Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
            "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

very nice job Robert
              Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Robert (member),
                Great job - I like it a lot!!
                Just being nosey - but where did you start, and then what?? I always think these sort of patterns should say "start here" and "here second" and "save this cut for last". Seems one could get into so much trouble doing it in the wrong order (but, maybe only once!)
                Sandy

Comment

Long winded answer

Sandy,
                  i agree, instructions would have been nice I was intimidated by this pattern for over a month. It was complicated to look at...especially to my rookie eyes. but I love my buddy ( Merlyn ) and was determined to have a whack at it. one Sat it was raining, I couldn't work in the yard, and I had nothing photo-copied to cut. I just decided to go for it.There were some X's to denote pilot holes but not all spaces were marked . I actually took a pencil and lightly shaded the pieces to be cut and then compared them to the small picture that was on the pattern. Then, like the books say to do , I cut all of the tiny parts first as that is my biggest chance to tank the whole thing ( blade control ya know ) . Then I just kind've went with what I thought should be next, sorta doing a section at a time. My music was playing , Merlyn was lying underneath me in the dust ( as always ) ...life was good ! Once in awhile I would ask him where to cut next ....no help at all ! Just wanted another scrap to chew on Look closely and you will see that the shoulder, neck and top of the head are all one piece ! I saved that for last. I had done one of the medium size pieces on the side and had my first experience with " bounce " as I neared the end of the cut ...scared me to death so I did that final large piece in sections, reinserting the piece and taping over all the " squigglies " so they wouldn'y break. I learned a lot from the experience. Most of all not to be as intimidated in the future. As they say, it is after all " one cut at a time " . The joy of rounding that last corner and getting back to that final pilot hole is something I will always remember. I think I really turned a corner with this one. Then I found this group and wow ! I'm in for the duration
                  Thanx for the kind words
                  ...~Robert~
                  DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

The lab looks great! I recognize that pattern, the designer is Leldon Maxcy in Abalama. He would love to see that completed project! You done it justice! dale
                    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Look great! I look forward to taking on a patter as challenging as that.

Cheers,
                      Draken

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                        Reply to Sundays market
                        by will8989
                        We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                        Today, 08:56 PM
                      • Jim McDonald
                        Reply to Interesting pallet
                        by Jim McDonald
                        I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
                        But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
                        Today, 08:17 PM
                      • Quartz43
                        Reply to New tools
                        by Quartz43
                        I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                        Today, 03:40 PM
                      • hotshot
                        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                        by hotshot
                        You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                        Today, 02:27 PM
                      • RJweb
                        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                        by RJweb
                        I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                        Today, 01:31 PM
                      Working...
                      X