How I spent the 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I spent the 4th

Hello all Besides finding this awesome group of folks on this board, I also spent some serious shop time as I took Fri & Mon off as well. now I have figured out how to post pics so I thought I would share what I accomplished. I sincerely hope this is the correct forum for that as I am definately still a begginer ! Of the 2 knights, I actually cut the one with the purple plume last weekend & did the 2nd as a companion to that
    this is the first real chance I have had to share my work with anyone besides a couple of neighbors, Debra ( my sweetie ) and the dogs
    Comments/critisizms welcome ....go ahead, I can take it

...~Robert~

DSC03441 (2).JPG DSC03448 (2).JPG
    ...~Robert~
    DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Nice work Robert, I especially like the fretwork cross. Where did you find that pattern?
    Thanks for posting
    Marsha
    LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Well, after looking at the pictures, it is evident that only Charlie can cut out ducks, because those ducks arent anatomically correct at all!!! Them are great! The cross is beautiful, and the knights all seem to fit perfectly. I think a purpleheart plume would have looked nicer on the one, but making do with what you have is the name of the game. as for being a beginner, your cuttings will inspire a lot of people to stick with it, and it really isnt that hard after all! Thanks for showing the photos.
      dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Lol Dale think will change my nick on here to The Duckman lmbo
        Great work :-) love that cross

Charlie,
        Charlie
        "Everything Happens for a Reason"
        Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Great job Robert,
          I agree with the rest of the group I really like the cross.
          Bill
          Delta P-20

Comment

robert, i like it all. and i agree the cross is awsem. and i think debra is luky to have such a talented person like you . you are doing great. love your work. and purpale heart is not a easy wood to cut. or did i get it roug.i still think it is all good. and i would buy it.
            and Dale don't pick on my little brother. or you will go to the moon.,
            Evie

Comment

awesome cross Robert
              Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Robert,
                I really like that cross - great pattern, cut very well - and the base is just right.
                Knights are not my thing, but yours look well cut - no glaring wobblies in your cutting. I find the painted purple plume a bit distracting on the one on the right - a wash coat, still showing the wood grain, would have been my choice. But I'd bet that your intended recipient will be delighted, and I'm sure you're already planning your next masterpiece.
                Well done!
                Sandy

Comment

Thanx

Thanx for the kind comments & feedback Being a newbie, I was really nervous about posting those photos & the one I posted in the " new issue " category.
                  I'm much more at ease now and really like the suggestions on the plume ...filing those away for next time
                  Dale, whaddya mean " not that diifficult " ? I really was trying to cut out a duck !
                  Marsha, the "duck" pattern came from a freebie book that came with my SSW subscription. It has an awesome Black Lab on the cover ....which I also cut, but my pics are too large to share ....will make some new ones soon. I've torn my house up looking for the book so I could share the title, but it must be in the shop, which is back behind the house and I have not made it down there yet tonite. It is Fri so once I head down there I will not be back up to the house until I have fallen alseep at the saw a time or two
                  thanx again guys for the privelage of being part of your world. This is just too kewl!

...~Robert~
                  ...~Robert~
                  DW788 and Hawk 226

Comment

Very nice work. My daughter would LOVE the knights and the cross. Thank you for sharing and keep up the GREAT work!

Tim
                    "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

Robert,

Amazing work.

I have to support the comments made so far: amazing cross, distracting plume (the washcoat idea is good).

Overall: a B+ (just because you said you were a newbie yourself, and I want to leave room for improvement )

Regards,
                      Marcel
                      http://marleb.com
                      DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Considering the awesome quality of work I have seen in the galleries, I will proudly take that B+ thanx for the encouragement
                        ...~Robert~
                        DW788 and Hawk 226

Comment

Robert I like your cross, I have cut it out of spanish cedar and mounted it on a light background with a round base. I really like the base that you made. I will borrow your design for my next cross.(if you dont mind)
                          Rolf
                          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

As much as I would like to take credit for the base, I just can't I actually found some on clearance at a local craft store ( like 50 cents a piece ) and bought a variety of styles. I will take credit for all of the sanding and hard work to finish it, since it was so cheap to start with. I'm sure anyone with better-than-average routing skills could make it ( that would not be me......yet ) It's basic design is that of a heart and I have fiddled with it a little and actually gotten close a couple of times, but I am not too learned on types of bits, depth etc
                            ...~Robert~
                            DW788 and Hawk 226

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                              Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                              by will8989
                              The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                              Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Farmers market
                              by will8989
                              Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                              Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                            • tgiro01
                              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                              by tgiro01
                              Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                              Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                              Yesterday, 06:47 PM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              Reply to Plastic puzzle
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                              Yesterday, 06:38 PM
                            Working...
                            X