Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first few attempts.

CONSTRUCTIVE criticism welcome.

But as our mothers taught us...."If you don't have anything nice to say......."

Thanks,

Sean

PS. For all Newbies, Do not upload your pics as .BMP's The system does not like that format. Convert them the .JPEG.
    Much happier with that format.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Heck,

Those are your first attempts?

Very, very nice!

Don't forget to keep them.
    You'll be happy to be able to compare where you came from in a short while.

I'm glad you were also able to resolve your picture posting problem.

I love the dragons, you get the patterns from the Fantaisy & Legends puzzle book?

Regards,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Sean,
      Great work!! I, too, am a fan of Judy Peterson and other "thick" puzzle designers. I just love the feel of the wood and other adults seem to share that - they seem to enjoy getting and solving and displaying the puzzles. What kind(s) of wood are you using?
      I don't yet have a d-camera, so I have conveniently ignored all the instructions for getting them into the posts here. May I come to you and ask how to do it when I do get a suitable cam? It looks like you have it licked!
      Looking forward to seeing more of your work - it's great! (Haven't you done any ducks yet?)
      Sandy

Comment

very nice!!! dale
        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

They're all very nice Sean, there are alot of good dragon patterns out there, more then enough to kep you busy for a long while! Keep the saw dust flying!
          Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

those are really neat !!!!
            Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
            "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Thanks.....

....all for looking!

Marcel,

Yes, for the puzzle Dragons, I got the patters from the Fantasy & Legends puzzle book. Wonderful source. The Dinosaur was from the Dinosaur book from the Peterson's. The Fret work Dragon was my second project but I cannot recall where I got the pattern from. It may have been from the ScrollShop Magazine.
              The puzzle boxes are of my own design, with some inspiration from Internet sources.
              My first project was a replica of one of the 3-D wood puzzles you get from museums. The ones that look like the skeletal structure of the subject. I had the paper work for the Tarantula. I copied the paperwork that came with the original puzzle, which showed all the pieces necessary, but at about 1/4 of the original size. I then applied it to some 1/8 inch Hobby plywood and cut out the pieces. Now I have a miniature of the original that fits in the palm of my hand.

Sandy,

The larger Dragon and the Dinosaur are Mahogany. The Long Dragon with the Dinosaur is Red Cedar. I like to run a quick sander over him once in a while to get the fresh Cedar smell in my shop. The unicorn is from Red Oak that I lightly stained and put a light finish on. The Fret work Dragon is from some Exotic wood my Wife bought me when I first bought my saw. Some African Red Wood. I'll check the label when I get home. (yes, typing from work, but it's OK, I'm the boss. They can't argue with me.....Yea....Right!!!)
              I'd be happy to help you with pending picture show. Just let me know what you need.
              No, no ducks yet. Can't say they interest me too much.
              I'm more into the exotic things. Makes up for my real life.....

Thanks again to all for looking.

Sean

Comment

Nice work Sean, I bought the Fantasy book for the Unicorn (which I havn't cut yet)
                What saw do you own, use?
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Rolf.......(one of my favorite Muppets by the way ...)

I use the RBI Hawk 226.

Thanks for your comments.

Sean

Comment

Sean,
                    He was my favorite Muppet, too, only I always spelled his name Rowf!
                    I loved those shows. Thanks for reminding me.
                    Sandy

Comment

Nice work Sean!!!

BTW, my favorite muppet has always been Beeker!
                      Meep!!!

Bob
                      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Geez,

It's hard to decide between the Eagle, the Swede Chef and Animal.

But I'll have to say the two old spectators.
                        Always loved their wise *** remarks

Regards,
                        Marcel

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I thik y'all watch to much TV! Dale
                          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

TV makes a nice release once in a while. Some shows are down right entertaining!

Besides, There is more to Life than Scrolling!!!

I know that this, most likely, is a blasphemous statement on this site but I've never been one of the "Sheep that follow the herd."

Anyhow, if we all scrolled all the time, when would we have time to post on this site, or even learn how to use a computer, to get to this site, to post?!?!

Sorry,

Just babbling .

Sean

Comment

Sean,

Not a blasphemous statement.
                              It's the truth.

I love scrollsawing, but I also have a life... I think... Well something like that anyway. I love reading, movies, TV and especially Sci-Fi and fantasy.

Others here share a passion for fishing, quilting, and other "life" stuff.

Regards,
                              Marcel

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X