Toni/Sue: Listen up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toni/Sue: Listen up

A few more pointy parts on Oakoo would've made it a real challenge.
    Obviously you gals didn't know I'm new at fret work, but I got it cut out,
    and it looks well not too bad.
    OK here's a little peek. It's not quite finished, I'm gonna mount it on a
    black backer board.

My hubby loves it, and my grandson will flip when he sees it. He's a real freak
    when it comes to odd and unusual.
    His birthdays coming up, maybe I'll give it to him.
    Anyway: Great pattern
    Thanks
    Marsha
    LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

That's pretty cool! Well done! When's the masqurade party, Marsha?
    Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

what kind of wood did you use Marsha?
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Very nice work

Charlie,
        Charlie
        "Everything Happens for a Reason"
        Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Masked Personalities

Hey.... Oakoo looks like the original! Nice work!

For someone new at fretwork - ya done good! Next time I'll be sure to put a couple more sharp turns in there for you since you did so well on this one! Giggle.

Please let us know what your Grandson thinks when he sees it. The kids in the youth program seem to enjoy our "Masked Personalities" so they all must share in your Grandson's appreciation for the odd and unusual.

Glad to hear you liked the pattern, and thanks for posting this photo. Sue and I really enjoy seeing how people work out the patterns we create.

Take care
          Toni

Comment

Nice

Darn Marsha,

Nice job, but you beat me to the punch.

I finished cutting mine last night, but will wait till it's finished before posting pictures.

I cut mine in Padauk, or it might be Bloodwood; I still have to figure out which is which . Anyway it's orange.

It was interesting to say the least. I never cut that wood before, there were net differences in some places harder/softer. I started out using Pégas Modified Geometry #1 inside, then switched to #3, then went to Pégas #5 skip tooth reverse. Finally decided to use #7 Pégas skip tooth reverse on the outside: that went super

I have some sanding to do, then finishing. Should have pictures by the week-end.
            http://marleb.com
            DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Oh wow, you cut Oakoo too Marcel?
              This is so very nice to hear.

When I met Sue she had all sorts of mask sketches. I instantly liked how they were so very different from anything I had seen yet she wasn't convinced that anyone would want to work them out as patterns. We have taken some of her original designs, added more characters to the collection and created fretwork and intarsia/segmentation patterns for each of the characters.

Again the sketches sit. Some are complete patterns waiting to be cut (tested) and some are just filed away because I still can't convince Sue they should be out there for scrollers.

So, if you like Oakoo and would want to see more "Masked Personalities" please let us know - post a photo of your Oakoo. We would really enjoy your feedback on the masks.

Looking forward to seeing your Oakoo Marcel!

Take care
              Toni

Comment

I just love it. I love odd things like that. and masks. I for one would love to see more of this. now i need to go look this pattern up. and try my own hand at it. your frined Evie

Comment

Toni,

Of course I would love to see more masked personalities

And I would love to see them in a size I can appreciate them.

Looking forward to it,
                  Marcel
                  http://marleb.com
                  DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X