results of playing, humming bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• results of playing, humming bird

here are the results of me playing the other day.

its 1/2 cherry, with #2 or 5 skip blade i think

Couldnt turn fast or sharp enough to make points. I went past looped around and came back i. Other times i just nibbled it out with blade.

burned a few edges, not as round as it could be, but it still cute.

forgot to say its about 4 inches round

pete
    Attached Files
    Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
    "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Man,

And I thought WE had big mosquitoes here this summer!

Nice job Pete, keep playing like that and those pesky faults will go away.

Regards,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Originally posted by pete00
      here are the results of me playing the other day.

its 1/2 cherry, with #2 or 5 skip blade i think

Couldnt turn fast or sharp enough to make points. I went past looped around and came back i. Other times i just nibbled it out with blade.

burned a few edges, not as round as it could be, but it still cute.

forgot to say its about 4 inches round

pete
      Ha Ha Ha Marcel your so funny. you always make my day . Pete . that is pretty cool. I had alot of troubale turning on my sharp points too. untill , I read some tips in this forum and in my SSW magazine. so now what i do is. when i come to a sharp point or v shape. i saw just alittle past the stop point. the distance of my saw blade. back up. turn around in the waist wood. back up into the cut,, and continue my cut. the over cut will allow you to start your cut at the right point. not in front of it. i cut with the burr against my line. that helps me get back into the wood. this really works for me. in thick wood,(or with a big blade) you do have to be carfull. not to make a big turn around hole. so if you ;have the room in you waist wood. cut into it alittle then turn around, on a small blade like a #2 it wont show. does this help? your friend Evie
      Last edited by minowevie; 06-16-2006, 01:49 PM.

Comment

thanks for the comments all....

a video i ordered just came in the mail
        scrollsaw fretworking from start to finish by jerry corley

if i had seen this before i started it would have saved me
        a lot of ......."how do i do this" frustration

i would reccommend this to anyone just starting, or wants a refresher course.

thanks......pete
        Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
        "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KarlB
          Reply to Cutting Styles
          by KarlB
          Sweet looking display. Excellent examples of the puzzles.

Karl
          Today, 09:18 PM
        • Tom in Ashland
          Fiona Kingdon pattern from Summer issue
          by Tom in Ashland
          Quarter inch BB with Red Gum (Australian Eucalyptus) veneer. My first attempt at veneering and there are a couple spots where there was not quit enough glue so small pieces of the veneer came off....
          Today, 07:59 PM
        • millwab
          Cutting Styles
          by millwab
          In preparation for a scrolling demonstration I decided to make up a piece that would show the different ways I've cut puzzles. It's 2 layers of 1/8" BB. The puzzles were cut out as tray puzzles and then glued back in so pieces wouldn't get lost as it was handled.
          Today, 04:41 PM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to Workshop extension and major facelift - a work in progress - update at 13 April
          by jim_mex
          Update at 13 AprilIts been almost a month since my last post and my shop extension is progressing albeit slowly largely due to me nibbling at it on a regular basis rather than sticking with it and going full blast to get it finished.

The outside
          of the extension is almost finished apart...
          Today, 03:45 PM
        • Rolf
          Reply to New Toy!
          by Rolf
          Quartz I only bought the air filter, That same model is sold by many distributors, I see Grizzly has it and several others. I was going to build one but this thing works great. I will get a charcoal filter for it also. Great when doing Pyrography. They also had a Pfingst brand flex shaft tool I haven't...
          Today, 07:50 AM
        Working...
        X