No announcement yet.

My shop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats ok Gill. just show us your humon. we did. whats yours. I wont to see. am i the slob? is my work shop as bad as Dales,. Ha Ha Ha. we will still love ya. your friend Evie.
    Last edited by minowevie; 06-01-2006, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trout
      like to thank everyone who showed us their mess, I mean shops....
      now every time we see a new project form these people we know where it was created...

I was just thinking back to a post by bearfetworks, he said, one day he was scrolling out in his driveway when his new neighbors came strolling by, well by looking at the picture of his beautiful home they had quite a stroll to get up his driveway...

Thanks again for sharing your shops with us..

Trout
      And thank you for starting this thread Trout!

I can see I was terribly unclear - that beautiful house with the detached shop is ours - just in a different state and currently leased out. We will be moving there next May!

And Gill - find that camera!
      ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Some good looking workshops there, sure wish I had one I could actually call a workshop, but I get my sawing done anyway.

Kerrie, it looks like you have tidied your workshop up a bit since I was there on the weekend LOL .. I will have to mess it up a bit more when I am back in a few weeks.
        Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!!

Comment

This is a great thread, I think I'll take some pictures of my shop and post them. It's a small shop, but it is my little corner of heaven. I even have a lock on the inside to keep out the interruptions.
          I'd like to say though some of you are pretty busy scrollers judging by the condition of some of these shops. Keep up the good work, a messy shop is a busy shop.
          Later
          Marsha
          LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Originally posted by Gill
            T

*I refuse to accept that jelly babies are out of place at a computer workstation. Especially since they never seem to last very long.

Gill

Gill,

What are jelly babies?
            Kelly
            "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Whoops - I guess this hasn't crossed the Atlantic successfully .

Jelly babies are a very sweet, sticky, fruit flavoured confection shaped to look vaguely like babies. For some reason, people tend to bite the heads off first!

There's an online shop that sells them here. Perhaps I'd be right in thinking that the closest equivalent in America is jelly beans? If so, I've tried them and found that jelly babies are much softer to bite into. Both are yummy, though .

Gill
              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
              (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Sounds like gummi bears.

Haven't seen jelly babies, but then I haven't looked for them. I may have to keep an eye out.
                Kelly
                "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Marsha... this is just a thought for your consideration. Once your locked in your safe heaven, should something go wrong (God forbid), does anyone have a key to get in there, and is there anyone that will do a regular check on you . Being locked away from the distractions is fine, but remember, accidents do happen, and there needs to be someone that can access you in the event you need it. We need you around here for a while, I just dont want anything bad to happen. Dale
                  Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Here are a few pics of my shop:

Evie, I quess it's not as messy as some, but believe me I've seen it alot worse then this.

Dale, thanks for your concern, but I only lock the door at night when it's starting to get dark and I'm not done scrolling. I never lock the door when I'm using scary tools(table saw, chop saw or router) when I'm using these tools I invite hubby out for a visit(help)
                    Thanks for looking, and Trout Thanks for starting this thread
                    Marsha
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Marsha; 06-03-2006, 05:37 AM.
                    LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Well, Evie asked for it so I spent the last week trying to clean my shop, hehehe. I gave up.
                      Attached Files
                      Kevin
                      Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                      Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Originally posted by Marsha
                        Here are a few pics of my shop:

Evie, I quess it's not as messy as some, but believe me I've seen it alot worse then this.

Dale, thanks for your concern, but I only lock the door at night when it's starting to get dark and I'm not done scrolling. I never lock the door when I'm using scary tools(table saw, chop saw or router) when I'm using these tools I invite hubby out for a visit(help)
                        Thanks for looking, and Trout Thanks for starting this thread
                        Marsha
                        Marsha. I couldn't get the pictures up . don't know why its probley couse Im not here. lol. darn missed out. I think you are as big as a slob as me. lol. or maybe we just wont to do are scolling and not worry about the mess huh. what a gale. you get your finguer nails durty too. like I have any, lol your friend Evie. Ps. Thanks. You my friend are a gem

Comment

How do you like that bandsaw? What blade do you use for resawing, and how wide of stock seems like the limit for your setup? Dale
                          PS...looks like you and trout both get the good housekeeping award! Congrats!
                          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Originally posted by lucky788scroller
                            How do you like that bandsaw? What blade do you use for resawing, and how wide of stock seems like the limit for your setup? Dale
                            PS...looks like you and trout both get the good housekeeping award! Congrats!
                            Hey Dale,
                            I love the Bandsaw. I use a Timberwolf 3 T.P.I. blade and I've resawn up to 11" wide Brazilian Cherry on it. It was a little slow going but it got 'er done. I have the riser on it and regularly resaw 8 - 10" oak without problems.
                            As far as the good housekeeping award, hehehe. You should've seen it last week.
                            Kevin
                            Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                            Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Thanks Kevin.I'm just getting started with resawing on my jet with riser, and havent tried any real wide wood except for pine. I do have a timberwolf blade too, so ill give it a try.
                              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Marsha's shop is immaculate (check in the mail for the word, Gill) but Jedi, Jedi, Jedi...... Cleaning your shop before pictures is a violation of the Moderator TOS. You will need to hand over your admin powers to me and lucky788 for one week as penalty. Oh yeah, we need you bank account numbers to......
                                ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X