its not a cat or dog but its a start lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its not a cat or dog but its a start lol

a good start which is going very slowly so its not much but its a beginning lol
    comments and suggestions welcome

Charlie,
    Last edited by Charlie_1; 01-26-2007, 11:41 PM.
    Charlie
    "Everything Happens for a Reason"
    Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

It looks like you have done a great job cutting. Where did you get the pattern?
    Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

thank you , I got the pattern from creative woodworks and crafts jan 06

Charlie,
      Charlie
      Craftsman 18in. 21609

Comment

Hey, That's neat , Charlie. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do a Snow Eagle before! Looks like a lot of work, and a fine job.
        Sandy

Comment

now thats one I hadnt thought of lmao

thank you :-)

Charlie,
          Charlie
          Craftsman 18in. 21609

Comment

"I thought I thaw a Puttytat" -Famous bird with speech hadicap

Wow Charlie,

What a nice Budgie

You gonna color him now? Green & yellow are my favorites

Seriously, that is a nice bird. I'm just not 100% sure of the kind; my guess is a Peregrine Falcon.

What is the material and finish?

Regards,
            Marcel
            http://marleb.com
            DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

LOL :-) Thank you

Whats a Budgie ??

Its supposed to be a golden eagle but a falcon works , its alot closer than a dog or a cat , at least that ones a bird lmao

the wood is just normal pine, and the finish will probably just stain it with about 7 different colors
              Charlie
              Craftsman 18in. 21609

Comment

Budgie is what us peasants call a parakeet!!
                It truly is a nice start on the Rhode Island Red Rooster, now you begin the shaping and coloring. If I remember the pattern, its a golden eagle. dale
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Hi Charlie,

A budgie is a common pet bird.

The Budgerigar (Melopsittacus undulatus, nicknamed budgie), the only species in the Australian genus Melopsittacus, is a small parrot belonging to the tribe Platycercinae, or broad-tailed parrots. Though budgerigars are often called parakeets, especially in American English, this term also refers to any of a number of small parrots with long flat tails. The budgerigar is found throughout the drier parts of Australia and has survived in the inlands of that continent for over 5 million years.

For more info & picture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budgerigar

Regards,
                  Marcel
                  http://marleb.com
                  DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Amazing!! You are really setting the bar high! I can't wait to get my saw!

Comment

HI Charlie. I sure don't know what happened to my first reply. but. I just wont to tell ya. You have the hart. of a great scroll sawwer. and I just think you can go anywhere with this piece. you have the begginings. of someone who wonts to do it all.. you have the picture down pat. and cut out the out side. now what do you wont to do with it. I bet you have some great plans. do you wont to do some intasia. or segmentation. or do you wont to just cut out the eagle. and paint it. maybe with some wood burning on the feathers. no matter. it will look great. you go guy. I know you will finish it great. its not a doggie for sure. or a kitty. don't give up just do what you wont to do. your new friend Evie

Comment

Thank you all for the compliments , My scrollsawing is getting better a little every day,the more I do it the more I learn and you guys are a huge help to me, I appreciate that very much . Its not much but its definetly part of the learning process and Im getting lots of practice with it . hopefully the next one will be better,but when Im finished with this one ill post another pic when its all done. Thank you :-)

Charlie,

ps I thought thats what you meant but I wasnt sure, never really heard them called that , thank you both

Im not sure which was harder to do the staining and gloss or the cutting itself lol
                        2 more coats and itll be done :-D
                        Last edited by Charlie_1; 05-03-2006, 05:53 PM.
                        Charlie
                        Craftsman 18in. 21609

Comment

budgie

Where's my dictionary, what did he say? Still gotta be a bird by my guess. Nice project!

Comment

Thank you lol
                            Charlie
                            Craftsman 18in. 21609

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                              Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                              by will8989
                              Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                              Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                              by will8989
                              Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                              Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                              by will8989
                              He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                              Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Sundays market
                              by will8989
                              We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                              Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                            Working...
                            X