finally got a saw now ready to make sawdust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally got a saw now ready to make sawdust

Hi all, I finally went out and bought my new saw and I did get the Craftsman model 21609, it is an 18 inch with foot pedal, light and blower, takes pinned and pinless blades. THe best part of this is I waited when they put them on clearnace and checked each week on the price and yesterday when I looked I found it had been dropped all the way to 89.00.....if anyone knows Sears once they start lowering a price if you give it time it will get to be a steal, I personally watched the price go from 199 to 169 to 159 to 139 to 119 then to the final price of 89. This regularly sells for 199.99 so figuring the 110 dollar price drop I had to get it. wish me luck on learning everything I need to learn and as soon as I complete my first project I will post for you critique.
    You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus...Mark Twain

Cool! Isnt it exciting to land a good deal? Be sure you get some good blades, and mount your saw pretty rigid to minimumize (its a word to me evie!!!) the vibration. Go make some dust, and show us what you come up with. Dale
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Wow,

That's an offer not to be refused. At that price you can't make a mistake.

Like Dale said, get good blades (Pegas, Flying Dutchman, Olson, to name a few) They make a world of difference.

And don't forget to post your results, and to ask any questions you may have: the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask .

And keep the first piece you make, that the best advice they game me here when I started, so you can see your progress... And there will be some faster than you think

Regards,
      Marcel
      http://marleb.com
      DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by Rolf
        So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
        I like the fact...
        Today, 08:34 AM
      • will8989
        Reply to Farmers market
        by will8989
        Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
        Today, 08:17 AM
      • Sandy Oaks
        Reply to Farmers market
        by Sandy Oaks
        Way to go, Betty. Our farmers market does not allow craft sales.
        Today, 08:17 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Farmers market
        by Rolf
        Good for you! Who designed the small nativity?
        Today, 08:10 AM
      • NC Scroller
        Reply to Supermax
        by NC Scroller
        Two great customer service stories on this forum in a week. There is hope. Even in 2020.
        Today, 08:00 AM
      Working...
      X