Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently wrote a message on the wrong board. I just started doing some scroll sawing. It has been a dream of mine to do this. If any one can give me any tips or places to find free ones to practice with i would love it. I also would like to do some with sports. My kids are all involved in it and they would love to put some in their rooms.

Thanks,
    Misty
    [email protected]

Welcome aboard Misty. You can/will learn a lot about every aspect of scrolling by just hanging around these friendly folks. First thing you might do (if you haven't done so already) is check out the FAQ area shown above. It gives discussion to the most common questions and the discussions that have been had on this forum. It is worth looking at. As far as patterns for sports (or anything else) you might click on the "Other Great Sites" section shown on the left of this page. I also suggest http://groups.msn.com/AbsolutelyFreeScrollsawPatterns and http://groups.msn.com/FreeScrollsawPatterns since those sites aren't commercial and nobody gains/profits from either of them. Once again, glad you have joined us.
    Moon
    Old Mooner

Comment

Misty-
      Just sent you an e-mail for a web site where you can find any pattern or the group will find it for you. Welcome to this forum you will get many helpfull tips from all the people here.

Kevin
      When you hit rock bottom the only answer is to look up

Comment

Welcome Misty. Soon you will wonder how you ever survived without a scrollsaw! Theres plenty of good tips everywhere on this forum. another good resource is www.saw-online.com and the resources mentioned on the left of this screen will keep you reading for a little while. But, dont be afraid to ask any questions you have, you will always get an answer here. Dale
        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I mentioned on one of the above MSN groups that I was looking for a picture of an Angus cow and had not been able to find one. Within 20 minutes of my posting that, a gentleman ran out the back of his house, took a picture of one of his cows, drew it, and posted it for me. I was flabbergasted. That's just the way scrollsawyers are, it seems

Comment

Misty....

Welcome.....As you begin, please don't confine yourself to just designs for which there are patterns. Try stuff freehand on your own. Try to cut animals and other shapes with which you are familiar. That way you'll build your creativity and be able to work yourself through situations that patterns don't cover.

Good luck....and have phun....

Carter

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dottyblues
              Reply to Pattern Vault
              by dottyblues
              Thank you everyone especially KarlB for finding the pattern.
              Today, 12:20 AM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by Linda In Phoenix
              So after much debating, I bought a Sawstop table saw--the 36" contractor version, and now have a roll-your-eyes story too.
              I got a few discounts from my favorite hardwood store for buying from them. Yay!
              In a small shop I couldn't live without the mobile base.
              I also added the...
              Yesterday, 10:49 PM
            • will8989
              Supermax
              by will8989
              Bruce and the tech from Laguna finally caught up with each other after almost 2 weeks of phone tag. Bruce ran the sander for the tech and after checking a few things, it was determined it’s the bushing, probably. They are going to send a bushing for Bruce to replace it. If he has a problem replacing...
              Yesterday, 10:31 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Help help
              by will8989
              Bruce lets it soak in on the cardholders, takes 24 hrs. I let everything drip for a few minutes then wipe excess off. 50/50 takes longer to dry than 40/60. I usually move everything upstairs and turn the ceiling fan on to to help it soak in. This finish takes 3-4 days to dry enough to take to shows....
              Yesterday, 10:11 PM
            • KarlB
              Reply to Pattern Vault
              by KarlB
              Here are the ones I made 9 years ago:

Karl...
              Yesterday, 10:05 PM
            Working...
            X