Steam Engine patterns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Engine patterns?

I have been looking for patterns of old time/semi current steam train engines to cut out. I have a love of trains and I would really appreceate any info directing me to patterns I can download for free or buy out of magizines.

K

Steam Engine pattern

Keith....I have one Steam Engine pattern. email me and I'll dig it out and send it to you. It's a pierced portrait type pattern containing several hundred cuts.
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Keith;
      I got commissioned to make this one for a retired train engineer so instead of making just one I stack sawed two of them as shown . He bought his right away and the other one is also long gone.
      I don't know if this is any help to you or not but I ordered the pattern expressly for the gentleman that wanted the first one . The pattern is available from Wildwooddesigns.
      The picture was taken before I put first an oil finish and then a couple coats of semi gloss laquer on them. They both sold before I got a chance to take the final picture.
      They are in solid red oak.
      W.Y.

http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Keith--
        Don't know how "complicated" you want the steam engine patterns to be, but Jeff Zaffino has several on his web site at http://www.advancedscrollsawpatterns.com that are really good ones.
        Moon
        Old Mooner

Comment

Keith, Jeff Zaffino's "Engine 86" pattern is in the Sept. 2005 issue of Creative Woodworks & Crafts magazine. I cut it from a singe piece of 1/8" plywood with a straight blade. The most difficult one I have cut so far. Mick
          Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

steam engine pattern

Keith,I have a pattern from aback issue of Scrollsaw Workshop that is called "Trainsition" it is a pattern of an steam and a diesel engine. You cut the diesel out a darker wood or stain darker the cut and glue the steam engine on top of that. Looks very nice. If you would like this pattern E-mail me and I'll send it to you.

Kevin
            [email protected]
            When you hit rock bottom the only answer is to look up

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Walker
              Keith, Jeff Zaffino's "Engine 86" pattern is in the Sept. 2005 issue of Creative Woodworks & Crafts magazine. I cut it from a singe piece of 1/8" plywood with a straight blade. The most difficult one I have cut so far. Mick
              do you still have a copy of it?

Comment

Keith, yes I do. Send your address I will get a copy made and mail it to you, it is 11" X 14".
                Mick
                Last edited by Mick Walker; 03-05-2006, 12:17 PM.
                Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Train

Thanks HeavyKevy for the train pattern, I would like to see a picture of the finished product if you have one.

Thanks

Comment

Steam Engine Patterns

Keith and Rich......Check your email. I sent the pattern to both of you as an attachment. Sorry for the delay....I just found the book it was in today. (My filing system is akin to a chinese fire drill!!)
                    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                      Reply to Spring Issue
                      by NC Scroller
                      I am still waiting....
                      Today, 07:21 AM
                    • Quartz43
                      Reply to Spring Issue
                      by Quartz43
                      No doubt, the large patterns are a real challenge. Not many have a large size printer. Going out and finding a place to do large scans and prints is problematic with the virus and many of us are older.

I wish they would not print the patterns with the grey. Pure black and white is easier...
                      Today, 07:15 AM
                    • dwssr2
                      Reply to hegner 2"
                      by dwssr2
                      I have no idea what the measurements of the 18" table are, I can give measurements of the poly max and the 14"....
                      Today, 05:22 AM
                    • MidMich324
                      Reply to hegner 2"
                      by MidMich324
                      Just Wondering...

Is the table size on the 22" hegner saw as on the 18" hegner saw?

With the 22" inch one you get 4 more inches of depth of cut but do you also get a few more inches of table?
                      Yesterday, 09:30 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Spring Issue
                      by will8989
                      I had to fool around with copying and taping a pattern again today. This wasn’t as bad as the fish, but still a pain. I use rapid resizer. Scan a pattern, put in size I want and it prints it out. If more than one page, it numbers each page at the top and I tape them together. Had the fish pattern...
                      Yesterday, 09:28 PM
                    Working...
                    X