Speaking of Cows...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Cows...

My friend asked me to make her kids a sign to hang outside the enclosures for their steers at the county fair this year. I said, "Sure!" and then remembered that I haven't been to the fair in about 10 years...I can't for the life of me remember what the signs looked like.

I drew a picture on a regular-sized piece of paper with one boy's name at the top, one boy's name at the bottom, and a picture of a steer in the middle. It looks OK but not great and I'd really like to make them something nice if anybody has experience in this area Thanks for reading this!

Hi Magpie, are you using a silhouette?

You could cut the edges of the board to look like a broken weathered fence board.

If the names were done in an old west style font, like the one used on SALLOON signs that would be good too.

You could even use an old barn board or fence board to cut it out.
    The fresh cut edges could be used as an accent or you could mix up a solution of vinegar and steel wool to weather them.

Drill two holes in the top and get a piece of rusty bailing wire to make a loop for hanging.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Nice description of a sign Carl - I can see it!!!!!!!! Seriously, sounds perfect and I might steal it....

On a side note - do you Canucks really spell SALOON with 2 L's? That does expalin some things
      ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

I am not sure but my spell checker did
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by NC Scroller
          I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
          Today, 11:24 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Big week here
          by NC Scroller
          Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
          Today, 11:18 AM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
          by jim_mex
          Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
          Today, 09:17 AM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
          by jim_mex
          Hi guys - it seems like I am back in business. The offending 'F' key seemed to lack sufficient travel to push down on the main board so I stuck a thin sliver of plastic under it with super glue and that seems to have solved the problem.

The only downside is I now have no excuses for my...
          Today, 08:42 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
          by Rolf
          WOW! I really like your taste in doors etc. I have have always leaned towards contemporary / modern. But our house is a small cape and that style would not suit it. Since we are both Geminis we have 4 people and our house is very eclectic. Each room has a bit of different style.
          Today, 08:20 AM
        Working...
        X