Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Name .. Same Blonde !!!!!

OK ~
    Since I have single handedly stumped Customer Service, I have got another name on here to post with and hopefully learn how to scroll with all of your help. I forgot my passowrd. I know I know ... that's common with Blondes...... but I thought ....... ok I'll just send customer service a message and they can help me ! Well , no such luck ! They send me a link to go to and reset the password, which I had to type into the browser because I couldn't access the link ! Well I got the password but when I entered it ... it said it was invalid ! Auughhhhhhhhhhhh ! NOW I know how Charlie Brown feels........ what lil hair he has .... I'd be willing to bet it's BLONDE ! ohhhhh.... Sears has a belt sander, the belt is belt is 4" x 36" and the disc on the side is 6" . Anyone have any input on this sander... ever used one or do you think it will be good for sanding scroll projects?
    Thanks ~
    Tony .

Craftsman sander

Yep....I've got one. It's the only one I've ever used so I have nothing to compare it to. About all I can tell you is it has been reliable, works as advertised, and gets the job done.
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Hi Tony

Nice to have you with us again, but I'm confused. Where I come from, 'Tony' is a guy's name; whereas women are 'blonde' and men are 'blond'.

Care to enlighten me?

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Tony, don't know what kind of scroll projects you do but that would be a pretty hefty sander for scroll projects. I have a 4 X 36 belt sander with a 6" disc on the side but have never used it on a scrolled cuttings. I cut portraits, scenery pictures and fretwork clocks. I sand the wood with a random orbit sander before I apply the pattern then do very little sanding after it is cut. I sand very lightly between coats of finish by hand. I have made several butterflies and have used the 6" disc sander to bevel the wings to 30°. So I guess I have used it for scrolled projects. Just my 2¢ worth. Mick
        Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

I've been using that 4"X36" sander for over 15 years. I did have a drive belt go out last year, but that's been the only problem.
          Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Tony

I assume the sander you have is thisThis is a good sander for shaping edges and contours. For sanding flat scroll work you want a sander that is not too aggressive but will help sand swirl marks out and get down to a finsh grit. I use the Porta Cable bloc sander pictured here and is my work horse. It is a 1/4 sheet finishing sander. Great for scroll work or any woodworking. Some people use a Black and Decker mouse sander which you can get alot of attachments for for contour sanding and more detail sanding. Home Centers carry these. They are a light weight sander but useful. So you see there are options and mostly you will be needing another sander other than the belt/disc sander.
            John T.

Comment

I have both and use the Black and Decker Mouse for the most part.

Bill
              Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X