Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrollsaws

Hi everyone,
    Was looking around at different scrollsaws. I was interested in the Hegners. I noticed with the particular hegner I was looking at, that to change the blade you need to take the bottom clamp right out. I wondered what everyones oppion was on this and scolling a lot of fret work. Or if all hegners have the same blade changing system. I have a Delta and it uses a tool to undo the bottom clamp to change the blade. This seems better than taking the whole blade clamp out.
    All oppinions gratefully recieved
    Cheers
    kerrie

You put a blade in the clamp, than you put it on the bottom under a spring. You never have to take it out till you break a blade or want to change to an other blade. The table has a slit what makes it real easy when you have a big piece of wood. You can take the bottom clamp put the blade throught the hole and than move it back and you just put the clamp under the spring again. A long explanation for a very easy job.
    If you going to buy one email me and will help you to get the best deal.

Mike M
    SD Mike

Comment

I know you are new but the two saws you mentioned could not be any further different. That is like apples and oranges, night and day. When you change blades on a hegner as Mike stated you put the clamp in a cutout on the saw to hold it and install the blade and use a key to tighten it. Rbi you take the clamp out and put it in a hole to hold the clamp and install the blade by turning a thumbscrew. But the Delta you have to use a wrench and fiddle with it under the saw while holding the blade it is 1000000000000 times harder. Now you can convert to those tooless clamps that Delta is famous for. But my experience with them is not good. I know you get accustomed to things as with any saw so this might be the way to go for you. As Mike said when doing fret work you only change the blade when it gets dull or it breaks. Buy FD blades and that problem goes away also.
      John T.

Comment

Kerrie, if you have one of the older Delta saws that you need a tool on the clamps you can convert the top clamp to the new Quick set clamp but not the bottom clamp. There isn't enough room to get your hand in there to work the clamp, thus the tool. I had one of the older Deltas and now have the newer P-20 and like the new clamps, some do not like them. Whatever you get used to is the best. Mick
        Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Kerrie

Mick brought up a good point about the lower blade clamp on some of the older Deltas you can't change that clamp so keep that in mind if you are changing and you can get those clamps at www.wildwooddesigns.com
          John T.

Comment

Could not find it. What part number at Wildwood ?

Comment

Part # T250
              John T.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                by will8989
                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                Today, 11:10 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Farmers market
                by will8989
                Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                Today, 10:31 PM
              • tgiro01
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by tgiro01
                Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                Today, 09:38 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Linda In Phoenix
                It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                Today, 06:47 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                Today, 06:38 PM
              Working...
              X