reconditioned scrollsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reconditioned scrollsaw

Does anyone have any thoughts on reconditioned scrollsaws. Advertised in Australia... a reconditioned scrollsaw Dewalt 788 for $700.00. 1year warranty. Would this be a good price and is the fact that it is reconditioned a bad or good thing.... Apparently Dewalts are not available in Australia as of last year, so thought this could be a good buy. Also advertised A Dewalt as new 20" $945.00 aust dollar.
    thanks
    kerrie

Kerrie. It would help to see a conversion chart,as if you were buying that saw here for $700 USD you would be getting ripped off,yet $700 AUD is quite diffrent.Here, a refurbished Dewalt is $325 USD from an outfit here. That is the saw only,and a refurb,with the one year waranty.I wouldnt hesitate to buy a refurb. The refurb classing can mean a number of things. It could have had somthing not right,it could have had a little scratch,and was returned for that,it could mean the original owner just didnt care for the saw,or it was a return,never even out of the box somtimes.Even if it did have somthing wrong,it is repaired and tested to be good,or they would not put that waranty on it.If I am not mistaken,the refurbs have the same waranty as the new one.I would not hesitate to buy it based on the refurbished title. My Bosch router kit is a refurbished one,yet I can tell the router was NEVER used before I got it,and it works sweet!Mainly,it boils down to the dollar amount,because I know you would love it. Dale
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Originally posted by lucky788scroller
      Kerrie. It would help to see a conversion chart,as if you were buying that saw here for $700 USD you would be getting ripped off,yet $700 AUD is quite diffrent.Here, a refurbished Dewalt is $325 USD from an outfit here. That is the saw only,and a refurb,with the one year waranty.I wouldnt hesitate to buy a refurb. The refurb classing can mean a number of things. It could have had somthing not right,it could have had a little scratch,and was returned for that,it could mean the original owner just didnt care for the saw,or it was a return,never even out of the box somtimes.Even if it did have somthing wrong,it is repaired and tested to be good,or they would not put that waranty on it.If I am not mistaken,the refurbs have the same waranty as the new one.I would not hesitate to buy it based on the refurbished title. My Bosch router kit is a refurbished one,yet I can tell the router was NEVER used before I got it,and it works sweet!Mainly,it boils down to the dollar amount,because I know you would love it. Dale
      Thanks Dale for the info. Much appreciated. The exchange rate is roughly from $700 AUD to $500 USD I am still looking around so may see something better than this price.
      Kerrie

Comment

Go for it

Kerrie-

I just bought a DeWalt 788 and it was a reconditioned one. It had the same warranty the new ones have, do why not. Saved alot of $$. I got it from the Internet and the stand from Amazon.com. I have not had any problems yet. So I say go for it.

-Bill
        -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X