creating patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating patterns

how do u create a pattern from a picture?
    it doesn't really matter to me whether its on the computer or tracing it?

There is tons of software out there to do it.
    I like me on a pumkin It is inexpensive.
    It also alows you to see pieces that are "floating" or will drop out of the picture if you cut it.

Some use Corel Draw, some use Paint Shop some use Gimp.

I have had success with software from Serif. I load the picture up and trace over it.

There are some great sites out there which will help you in this too.
    I am sure someone will post one of them for you.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

ultimately it has to come down to handwork. Deciding which detail contributes to the picture and which detracts from it is something a program can't (yet) do. The computer can give you a head start and in a sense help to overcome the initial hump of figuring out where to start, but once you get used to it, a pencil is more effective than a mouse if what you want is marks on paper. As I get more confident about it, I do more and more of my design work without the computer.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
        Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
        by meflick
        got mine in the mail today. Thanks.Cute and befitting. Now I need to know how it’s made/what it’s made from. (On everyone gets theirs of course.)...
        Today, 08:21 PM
      • Jo Labre
        Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
        by Jo Labre
        At the time I thought "Ah, spit!" (or words like that) and just threw the blade in the garbage. It was the #5 size blade. I suspect it would cost more to have it done than the cost of a new blade. The owners manual is not very helpful, the wording is awkward, having been 'translated' into...
        Today, 11:13 AM
      • hotshot
        by hotshot
        The brazing process doesn't look too bad. I have seen the welders built into the industrial bandsaws, so out of curiosity, I looked that up and that process is pretty cool to watch also, though trying that on something this small would probably light the whole thing up....
        Today, 10:14 AM
      • Rolf
        by Rolf
        Jo, I did a bit of research on the web, and there are lots of videos of people silver soldering broken blades. In hindsight I remember I had made a jig eons ago to do just that, when I still had a small Craftsman bench top three wheeler....
        Today, 09:32 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
        by Rolf
        I haven't even decided what to make!
        Today, 09:27 AM
      Working...
      X