Delta SS250 verses Delta SS350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta SS250 verses Delta SS350

Hi all. Here's another newbie from the state of Washington. I haven't used a scroll saw in the past and before I purchase the higher priced Dewalt I'd like to be sure that it's my cup of tea. I'd like to start by making some Christmas ornaments and simple wood puzzles for presents.

So here's the question, and yes, I did a search on this subject and know I'll be upgrading. lol... I can't tell what the difference is between the Delta SS250 and SS350 except that the SS350 has a stand. Can someone tell me what the other differences are between the two.

This is something that I'll be buying in the next couple of days so your feedback is appreciated. All I can say is, "what a site" So much information for the likes of people like me.
    Last edited by harrisg; 11-27-2005, 08:24 PM.

Look at me I can not believe I am doing this but if you are set on the Delta go with the 350. It has a toolless blade changing system as opposed to a wrench is need with the 250.
    John T.

Comment

Hats off JT!
      You have seen the light
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

jt, thanks for the info. When I can afford to upgrade, either my wife, if she decides to join in the fun or my grandson will be the proud recipient of the SS350.
        Last edited by harrisg; 11-28-2005, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
          Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
          by jim_mex
          Hi ibber - LOL!

I took the keyboard back to the store a while back and they hadn't got a replacement in stock. Since I like the look o it I think I am going to play attack it later this evening and try to sort out the problem.
          ingers crossed
          Today, 07:35 PM
        • cwmagee
          Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
          by cwmagee
          I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
          Today, 05:39 PM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to New tools
          by jim_mex
          Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
          Today, 05:26 PM
        • Rolf
          Reply to New tools
          by Rolf
          Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
          My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
          Today, 04:32 PM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Big week here
          by Rolf
          Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
          Today, 04:19 PM
        Working...
        X