Need info on Delta 50-540 saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on Delta 50-540 saw

I am traveling to NJ next week to spend a few weeks with the grandkids. A friend of theirs has a Delta scroll saw that they got as a gift, never used it, and want to sell it. I wouldn't mind getting it for the grandkids (dad and mom would supervise) but I can't find it listed. It is a few years old so it may have been replaced with a new model number.

What is it worth and is it worth getting? Should I get more saw, even if it costs a lot more?

Thanks,

Clem
    Last edited by Clem Wixted; 10-05-2005, 04:20 PM. Reason: Corrected model number

Delta 40-540

Well Clem this saw is one of my favorites no matter what anyone says
    I have used one for 9 years and now I lent it to a buddy to start him scrolling.
    It is a good beginners saw, the blade clamps are some of the best around.
    The Variable speed feature makes the saw a joy to use.
    I know the saw is still available a few places, In Canada I have seen it new for $149 in the States for around $100
    I still think of it as the best saw for the buck. Even though other saws out there are superior.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Thanks for the info, Carl.

If they don't want too much for it, I will get it to have when I visit the family in NJ.

I looked around and the SS250, which is the current equivalent, can be had for about $89 USD.

I'll let you know what happened when I return from the visit.

Clem

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X