Pricing my work???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing my work???

what would be a fair price to charge someone for a plaque like the one i made here?

the piece is about 12" long and 6" wide and isn't finished yet (needs sanding and finishing). being new to this i was surprised when i posted this pic to a local 4sale newsgroup and the next thing i know i'm getting requests. being new to anyone wanting what i'm doing i was thinking of charging enough to cover wood and blades. i'll let the customer (wow i can't believe i just said customer) pick the type of wood.

Judging on the small amount of scroll work ( since the name is done with a router ) I 'd say $10. is a fair price .But that is just my opion.
    Sharon

Comment

I'd go $15.00-$20.00.
      Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

im curious why you said the words were cut with a router? they look scrolled to me,but you could be right.Id sell for $25 ,if that dont work,then lower to $20
        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Lucky..I think they are done with a router & template because they are too accurate and uniform - in otherwords -to perfectly matched and perfect to be done free hand . I don't know of many even "old scrollers that can cut that perect free-hand...But that is just my opion ... not a knock on the work
          Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by SharonW0111
            Lucky..I think they are done with a router & template because they are too accurate and uniform - in otherwords -to perfectly matched and perfect to be done free hand . I don't know of many even "old scrollers that can cut that perect free-hand...But that is just my opion ... not a knock on the work
            Sharon

thank you for the compliment on the lettering. they were done with a scrollsaw.

Comment

I think the fair price would depend on how much you're paying the Disney Company to license the Winnie-the Pooh image. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by PiALaModem
                I think the fair price would depend on how much you're paying the Disney Company to license the Winnie-the Pooh image. Just a thought.
                ouch, i'll lose a lot of sleep over that.

Comment

btw, does anyone have an idea of what kind of wood that is? it was a piece
                  i took from a bread slicer that we were going to throw out.

Comment

I am guessing maple or alder. But then again I have never picked winning lotto numbers, so it is just a guess
                    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

My guess on the wood is Mahagony. I think you did a fine job with the entire project. I also do not think it is hard to do perfect lettering with a scrollsaw. I will let you decide.
                      John T.

Comment

looks great. the lettering was the easiest part. especially as big as those letters of mine are.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X