My Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Projects

So, I finished the Hippogriff, out of pine, from the “Fantasy & Legend Scroll Saw Puzzles” by Judy and Dave Peterson published by Fox Chapel. Here is a picture of it. Also is a puzzle of Pile of Pups from "Scroll Saw Art Puzzles" by Tony and June Burns published by, you guessed it, Fox Chapel.

Click on the pictures and view a larger version.

-Bill

Attached Files
    Last edited by wwalker47; 08-22-2005, 08:15 PM.
    -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Nice work! great choice of publishers too
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Bill,
      Cool job on the puzzles. Puzzles are among my very favorite things to scroll. How thick was your wood? Finding the right thickness is always my second hardest task (cutting is, of course, the first).
      Again - great job. What's next?
      Sandy

Comment

Thanks, Carl and Yea the publishing company is really good I would recommend any books to any level scorller.

Sandy, thanks to you,too. I used 3/4 inch wood. It stands up OK but I think 1 inch would be better, tho. It would be very hard for my saw to cut 1 inch wood. I got so much I want to do I don't know what to do next. Dose anyone else have more than one project going at once, or is it just a newbie thing? I just enjoy doing it.

-Bill
        -Bill

Comment

I think it is normal to have multiple jobs going at once.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Originally posted by wwalker47
            ... Dose anyone else have more than one project going at once, or is it just a newbie thing? I just enjoy doing it.

-Bill
            I have found it hard NOT to have more than one project at a time going. I'm doing my best since the whole shop was cleaned to keep it to just two projects. So far so good, but I've got a few more in just the planning/designing mode.

-Grizz

Comment

Bill,
              I've only had my good saw for about 8 months, so I'm probably officially still a newbie too, but I've got at least several projects in the works at most times - some with the pattern glued on, some cut, ready to finish sand - some in the stages of the final finish. So I don't know whether It's just a newbie thing, and we'll grow out of it, or if everybody does it.
              When I can't get the nice thick wood the patterns call for, sometimes I just make the pattern a bit smaller - to keep it sort of in proportion. It may make the cutting a bit more challenging, but I don't know, 'cause I've never done them full size. Beginner's bliss, perhaps. My saw would cut over 2", but I'd have to go pretty slowly, so's not to lose accuracy.
              Now, what are you planning next - a dragon? That cool unicorn?
              I'm looking foreward to seeing it.
              Sandy
              Last edited by sheltiecarver; 08-23-2005, 08:15 PM. Reason: Fix the typos.

Comment

The next puzzle from that book will be the phoenix. I have more to do before I get to that.

Glad to hear that having more than one project going at once is normal.

Thanks for the support I really love scroll sawing.

-Bill
                -Bill

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                  Reply to Sundays market
                  by will8989
                  We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                  Today, 08:56 PM
                • Jim McDonald
                  Reply to Interesting pallet
                  by Jim McDonald
                  I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
                  But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
                  Today, 08:17 PM
                • Quartz43
                  Reply to New tools
                  by Quartz43
                  I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                  Today, 03:40 PM
                • hotshot
                  Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                  by hotshot
                  You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                  Today, 02:27 PM
                • RJweb
                  Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                  by RJweb
                  I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                  Today, 01:31 PM
                Working...
                X