X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neal Moore
    replied
    Divide it up

Ravi...If you're going to paint it and mount it on a backer you can scroll it in four different pieces so it will be more manageable on the saw table. Once painted the kerfs should be all but invisible.

Leave a comment:

• PiALaModem
    replied
    You could use a scroll saw to make that, but the scale and the low level of detail would lead me to use a jigsaw -- what we used to call a saber saw. You'd have trouble muscling a thing that size around on a scroll saw table, and unless you have an unusually big saw, you'd have to approach cuts from several directions. That's not to say it's terribly difflicult, just that the jugsaw would be more likely.

Leave a comment:

• ravikum73
    started a topic New to this - Is this piece made using scroll saw

New to this - Is this piece made using scroll saw

I really love the piece of work (photo attached) and would like to make it myself.

I am wondering if the piece (the size would be about 3 feet x 2 feet) is made using scroll saw. If not, what technique you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

-ravi.
    Attached Files

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
    Reply to Bruce released for full physical therapy
    by will8989
    He’s the one with the patience. At least i don’t ricochet off the walls as much as I used to! We certainly proved opposites attract. How dull life would be if we were the same.
    Today, 09:36 PM
  • Chuck Hans
    Reply to FInished Product
    by Chuck Hans
    Beautiful Bowl...
    Today, 09:25 PM
  • tgiro01
    It's Just One Thing After Another . . . .
    by tgiro01
    First the BIRD Flu,
    then the SWINE Flu,
    Mad Cow Disease,
    the Asian Hornet,
    the Ebola Virus,
    the Coronavirus
    and now …….
    the Asian moth.

Today, 08:25 PM
  • tgiro01
    Reply to Bruce released for full physical therapy
    by tgiro01
    Glad to hear he is getting back on track. After seeing what my wife went through, after her fall, I wouldn't wish rehab or PT on anyone.
    Today, 07:19 PM
  • tgiro01
    Reply to FInished Product
    by tgiro01
    It will sit on the coffee table for a couple of weeks/months - Until I finish the next one. Then it get relegated to the collection to await the next craft show. Or it may go to the art gallery for a few months.

Jim - Same two words I gave Rolf and Scott -- Wedgie Sled. Jerry Bennett's...
    Today, 07:16 PM
Working...
X