What is veining?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is veining?

I have been scrolling for about 13 years and still don't know what is meant by veining. I must do it and maybe call it something different. They say that what you learn after you know it all is what counts. Mick.
    Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Veining is the thin, cuts inside a scrolled work that don't cut anything off, just add detail...like hair in a portrait, or the detail lines of the Walt Disney Castle in Issue 18..Or the details of the tank in Issue 17 on page 77.

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

BobD, now I guess I know it all. Mick.
      Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Its not a tank tho bob according to issue 18 LOL
        I am a nobody and no body is perfect...........therefore I am perfect

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to EX dust collection holes screwed up a project.!
          by will8989
          Carole, only you would cut sprinkles on a scrollsaw. I would probably use rice and stain it. I just gave up replacing my insert. Its worn, but works for what I need. I do sand it to make sure there are no burrs sticking up to scratch the wood. I will be trying the new contact paper when mine runs...
          Yesterday, 08:16 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Shawl pins
          by will8989
          Thick hair would need a larger opening, thinner hair would require a smaller opening to stay in place. The one being shown in the utube would probably work for thicker hair. They look way better than a pencil or dowel! That elephant sure is cute in her hair!.
          Yesterday, 08:09 PM
        • Rolf
          New Toy!
          by Rolf
          A family friends father passed away and he was an avid bird carver. So my nephew is helping the family sell some of his tools. I bought this air cleaner and will b uy most of his carving knives and burrs. And no that is not my workshop! Not even close. ...
          Yesterday, 04:47 PM
        • Rolf
          Reply to EX dust collection holes screwed up a project.!
          by Rolf
          I just did a quick job on my table. Charles Hand has noticed that the adhesive on the new rolls of Contact brand shelf paper leaves a residue. He has changed to The duck brand. I just bought a roll and covered my table with it. It is a tough slick surface. It will be interesting to see how it holds...
          Yesterday, 04:44 PM
        • axor
          Reply to Shawl pins
          by axor

Yes, they can be used for hair. If they are made a little larger than the original, the shawl pins will work great in the hair!...
          Yesterday, 03:21 PM
        Working...
        X