Difficult patterns to find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficult patterns to find

When you can't find a pattern that works for a project you want to do - what do you do? Many of us are not artistically inclined and rely on others to make patterns for our scrolling.

What is the toughest topic to find patterns for?

You can take many patterns and combine them to whatever works for you. You can shrink or enlarge them. You can do them yourself and if not have someone else do them for you. It might cost a little but if that is what you want . There are so many pattern makers out there not only the big names but join other scroll forums on other sites and you will see. There are just sooooooooo many patterns out there I would find it hard to believe you can not find what you are looking for.
    John T.

Comment

I look to different sources other than woodworking patterns. I've had some "aha" moments looking at stained glass, jewelery, stencils, metal work, and even crochet and needle point pictures. I save pictures and magazines that I think have some good ideas in them even if it looks like it has nothing to do with wood.

Before someone should say their not artistically inclined, maybe some other approaches should be explored. An example with myself is even though I sketch most of my designs myself, I can't draw accurately full scale. The enlarge option on my printer is my savior.

Hey, and even if you don't think you drawing looks good, save it and rework it later. I salvaged many horrible drawings into something repectable. Creativeity, I found for myself, is not a button. There are just going to be somedays nothing looks right, but then there are the good days

Comment

PATTERNS PATTERNS Everywhere

Wow where do I begin. Over the past 8 years I have collected hundreds of megabytes of patters. Many were free from some of the scrolling sites online, some are clipart from CDs I have bought.
        Often I use Google image search and scour the net for just the right pic.
        There are kids colouring books.
        You can glue an image from a magazine to the wood and cut it out, the sources seem to be endless.
        But my favourite place to get scrolling patterns.....used book stores. So many people get frustrated with scrolling and sell the books back to the bookstores. I have well over a dozen books which I bought for less that $5 each. How can you go wrong.
        I also get ScrollSaw Workshop.......best patterns yet
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
          Pegas Large Scrollsaw Table
          by cwmagee
          A couple of months ago I ordered the Large Pegas Scroll Saw Table for my EX21 from Denny which I received about a week later. I installed it immediately and made a few test cuts. Since then I have been busy with several Urban renewal projects around house as well putting the yard to bed for the winter....
          Yesterday, 07:28 PM
        • Rolf
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by Rolf
          Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
          That is...
          Yesterday, 08:15 AM
        • Jimern
          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
          by Jimern
          The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
          Yesterday, 06:29 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
          by will8989
          The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
          10-20-2020, 11:10 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Farmers market
          by will8989
          Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
          10-20-2020, 10:31 PM
        Working...
        X