Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KarlB
    replied
    Wow. That is some great cutting. Nice straight lines, great curves and consistent spacing between all those close lines. Thanks for the updates as you went along.

Karl

Leave a comment:

• evilbadger
    replied
    That turned out excellent. Is the overall 18 inches or just the center section? The contrasting wood and blue background makes it pop. Awesome job cutting too.

Leave a comment:

• hotshot
    replied
    Goodness, that turned out great! The Blue background was a very good choice.

Leave a comment:

• meflick
    replied
    Beautiful piece you have crafted.

Leave a comment:

• jamieline
    replied
    Here's the completed plaque.
    Space Force.jpg

Leave a comment:

• jamieline
    replied
    Everything is cut and being finished. Should be able to post a picture tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• hotshot
    replied
    Very good job cutting that. I was afraid the small lines might not contrast enough, but it looks great.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Well done!

Leave a comment:

• jamieline
    replied
    It is 18" diameter.

Leave a comment:

• evilbadger
    replied
    Nice job. What is the outside diameter?

Leave a comment:

• jamieline
    replied
    Here's the center cut. First piece using Birch plywood had small sections that peeled. This is a piece of Luan plywood.

SP center.jpg

Leave a comment:

• hotshot
    replied
    Looks good. Going to take some precise cutting, should be interesting. Remember to bridge that middle circle. I would definitely start in the center and work out on this one, and do the tricky stuff first so I wouldn't waste a lot of time if I had to scrap it.

Very narrow lines are tricky for me, as any veering is very noticeable. The other challenge with narrow lines is they might not contrast enough to stand out, depending on the color of the material you are cutting.

-----Randy

Leave a comment:

• jamieline
    replied
    Space Force 2.pdf Here is what I have come up with. Thoughts.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hotshot
    replied
    Initially, I was thinking pretty well impossible without floating the element, but check this out: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1200589649/space-force-metal-art-sign-military-sign?click_key=30b0054c7ac246f6d4a736212655d6b25a0 eeef3%3A1200589649&click_sum=bf9efb4a&ref=shop_hom e_recs_1

il_794xN.3752824190_do2b.jpg

Leave a comment:

• jamieline
    replied
    space force.jpg Here is what I'm working with. I have the lettering set to match the other plaques using inkscape. Just trying to figure out how to layout the center to cut.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Eugene Downes
    Ladys Work Basket
    by Eugene Downes
    About 26 years ago or a little more I made this Ladys Work Basket which I still have and use every day. I use it as a medicine box and I keep it on my kitchen counter. It is still in excellent condition and is made from close to 40 pieces of wood. The plans I got from "Cherry Tree" https:...
    Today, 03:32 PM
  • Sandy Oaks
    Reply to Old wooden plates.
    by Sandy Oaks
    I agree with Rolf. What a great idea. Wonderful cuttings.
    Today, 11:05 AM
  • handibunny
    Reply to Happy day
    by handibunny
    You’re on a roll! May it continue this way!
    Today, 08:58 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Old wooden plates.
    by Rolf
    What a great Idea! I will have to keep my eyes open for some plates...
    Today, 08:27 AM
  • will8989
    Reply to Happy day
    by will8989
    Yesterday was amazing to see someone ring the bell after beating cancer. When we left we walked to our cars and had our arms around each others shoulders. I told her this was the best party I have ever been to. I found this message on my phone this morning “I am such a blessed woman. I was so excited....
    Today, 07:37 AM
Working...
X