School buss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School buss

I made a school bus for a Christmas present for my grandson, of course someone asked me to make them one. I cant seem to find the pattern. I wonder if anyone here can help. I have a ton of magazines, including Wood working and creative crafts and some books, but I just don't remember where I got the pattern. The bus is about 9" long, 4" high, 1 3/4" wide, with about 2" wheels, there are holes for windows and cams on the axels to make the people go up and down. thanks dan

Sounds like a pattern I would like to try.
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

I looked thru a couple of old excel spreadsheets I have collected over they years.. Only bus I found was Creative Woodworks & Crafts 2003 April.
      The other John A. Nelson
      johnsworkshop.com
      sigpic
      I just follow the lines and make sawdust
      on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

Could you supply a pic of the one you made? It might jog a few memory cells here.
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

I don't ever remember seeing that in a Fox chapel publication. Like Linda suggested a photo would be helpful.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I have a fairly extensive index of woodworking magazines. The only school bus I find is in Woodworkers' Journal, December, 1998, pg 26. Hope that helps.

Comment

toy bus.jpg

Comment

That is an interesting looking project. I'd be interested on seeing the mechanism for the passenger's movements.

Karl
                Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

I am going to look at the local library I may have gotten the plan in a book there, problem is don't know when it will be open again.

Comment

Nice ! I have never seen that one before. It is a simple design. What did the kids on the buss do? rotate or go up and down? or both?
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I did find some of my old copies of some of the pieces, but not enough also, no identifying information where the plan came from. I am anxious to look at the public library, but do not know when it will open. It seems I have modified some dimensions on the pattern, I do this a lot. The people on the bus go up and down. There is a cam on the axel that moves the piece of wood up and down that the people sit on.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                        Reply to Maple tree
                        by will8989
                        Sadly, after I get what I want the rest will be next winters firewood for my son. I might even convince Bruce to take 2 logs to the sawmill he volunteers at and slice some. Hmmm.
                        Yesterday, 07:02 PM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to Need suggestions for Samantha’s basket
                        by will8989
                        Well, you read my mind! I’m going to make the happy birthday out of a piece of thin wood and paint it her favorite color using the sparkling green unicorn spit. Mainly because if I mess it up I won’t ruin the basket. Sam is turning 11 and I don’t think the happy birthday will bother her. But it’s...
                        Yesterday, 06:55 PM
                      • markdavd
                        by markdavd
                        That looks like it will be beautiful when done!
                        What finish are you using? I have success with a spray glue if it is not an oil based finish.

One suggestion I've done is instead of cutting the Happy Birthday as part of the main piece, cut it from thin / contrasting wood and make it...
                        Yesterday, 11:58 AM
                      • jim_mex
                        Reply to A question for any clock makers ref. clock parts
                        by jim_mex
                        Thanks guys - both sites seem to have a much broader catalog range than clockparts.com and i am sure I'll find what I need from one of them.

Appreciate the help ...
                        Yesterday, 10:21 AM
                      • Rolf
                        by Rolf
                        Hot glue should work...
                        Yesterday, 08:16 AM
                      Working...
                      X