tractor bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tractor bank

I've been looking for a way to make a coin bank in the shape of a tractor. I've found an outline of a tractor that should work but I have no clue how the inside is done so it will hold the coins. Nor am I sure what to do on how to get the coins out. I've seen a lot of them that have plexi-glass on the sides and held by small screws. I'm guessing that three 1 x 8's would work for the bank. I'm sure I could figure out how to put the slot in the top for the coins to go in. So how would I do the inside of the bank where the coins are held? Is the coin space cut in all three boards? I would appreciate any thoughts or directions on this. I'm want to make this for a little boy for his Christmas present.

Dan

I bought the hardware for a bank from Meisel Hardware Specialties. .www.meiselwoodhobby.com

Comment

They also have plans for banks. I bet if you just look at the pictures you can figure out how to do the one you want.

http://www.meiselwoodhobby.com/Produ....aspx?id=13255
      AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

I will give Meisel's a try. Thanks

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dan A View Post
          I've been looking for a way to make a coin bank in the shape of a tractor. I've found an outline of a tractor that should work but I have no clue how the inside is done so it will hold the coins. Nor am I sure what to do on how to get the coins out. I've seen a lot of them that have plexi-glass on the sides and held by small screws. I'm guessing that three 1 x 8's would work for the bank. I'm sure I could figure out how to put the slot in the top for the coins to go in. So how would I do the inside of the bank where the coins are held? Is the coin space cut in all three boards? I would appreciate any thoughts or directions on this. I'm want to make this for a little boy for his Christmas present.

Dan
          Here's my idea for the kids tractor bank Christmas gift, Dan. I am thinking you need to do something like this. Of course this is with a tractor image i found online, not the tractor pic you have, but this is the general idea that you'll need to follow. On this example, i would cut only one of the three (or four layers?) with the stack, one with the wheel, just a suggestion, IDK. Anyway, here is what they seem to do with the bank patterns. Hope it helps you.

Russell

Comment

Yes, Russell I think that will help tremendously. Thank you.

Dan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• strohman
              Reply to Which end is up?
              strohman
              I did indeed have the blade in upside down. I was using some Bosch blades that I picked up from Lowes.
              On Friday I got some Olsen blades in the mail. I hadn't ever seen any blades this thin. It was a bit of a struggle seeing the teeth, but I was able to feel the top and bottom of the blade...
              Yesterday, 09:49 PM
            • Trackman
              Reply to Fall Issue #72
              Trackman
              I too wish the best for Mindy!
              Yesterday, 07:11 PM
            • Kiwi
              Reply to Jaguar
              Kiwi
              It is a pattern from Neal Moore's book "Wildlife Portraits in Wood." He has some other interesting designs in that book and gives full instructions on how best to make each project.

Each of the pattern parts are cut from a piece of 12mm plywood. Then they are stained their respective...
              Yesterday, 05:32 PM
            • leehljp
              Reply to Fall Issue #72
              leehljp
              I received mine yesterday but didn't get to look through until this (Sunday) afternoon. Carole had another great article in it. This one was on a Dice Tower.

When looking at the dice tower, I didn't notice the author until I was the next page and I looked back. It was Carole!
              Yesterday, 03:45 PM
            • Sandy Oaks
              Reply to Jaguar
              Sandy Oaks
              Very well done. Can you show a side view to get a feel for the depth?
              Yesterday, 12:16 PM
            Working...
            X