tractor bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tractor bank

I've been looking for a way to make a coin bank in the shape of a tractor. I've found an outline of a tractor that should work but I have no clue how the inside is done so it will hold the coins. Nor am I sure what to do on how to get the coins out. I've seen a lot of them that have plexi-glass on the sides and held by small screws. I'm guessing that three 1 x 8's would work for the bank. I'm sure I could figure out how to put the slot in the top for the coins to go in. So how would I do the inside of the bank where the coins are held? Is the coin space cut in all three boards? I would appreciate any thoughts or directions on this. I'm want to make this for a little boy for his Christmas present.

Dan

I bought the hardware for a bank from Meisel Hardware Specialties. .www.meiselwoodhobby.com

Comment

They also have plans for banks. I bet if you just look at the pictures you can figure out how to do the one you want.

http://www.meiselwoodhobby.com/Produ....aspx?id=13255
      AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

I will give Meisel's a try. Thanks

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dan A View Post
          I've been looking for a way to make a coin bank in the shape of a tractor. I've found an outline of a tractor that should work but I have no clue how the inside is done so it will hold the coins. Nor am I sure what to do on how to get the coins out. I've seen a lot of them that have plexi-glass on the sides and held by small screws. I'm guessing that three 1 x 8's would work for the bank. I'm sure I could figure out how to put the slot in the top for the coins to go in. So how would I do the inside of the bank where the coins are held? Is the coin space cut in all three boards? I would appreciate any thoughts or directions on this. I'm want to make this for a little boy for his Christmas present.

Dan
          Here's my idea for the kids tractor bank Christmas gift, Dan. I am thinking you need to do something like this. Of course this is with a tractor image i found online, not the tractor pic you have, but this is the general idea that you'll need to follow. On this example, i would cut only one of the three (or four layers?) with the stack, one with the wheel, just a suggestion, IDK. Anyway, here is what they seem to do with the bank patterns. Hope it helps you.

Russell

Comment

Yes, Russell I think that will help tremendously. Thank you.

Dan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
              Reply to One For My Quiting Wife
              Sandy Oaks
              When people come into ArtCrafters and ask about a scroll saw, I say it is similar to a sewing machine except with small blades.
              Today, 03:22 PM
            • leehljp
              Reply to Interesting Hegner Patent
              leehljp
              Me - also! I drove from Memphis to Dallas yesterday in heavy rain all the way. Could not use the cruise control. My leg was in a knot.

Having said that, I can sit still at the scroll saw for about an 30 minutes at the most before I have to move around; On the lathe, I can also stand in...
              Today, 11:51 AM
            • tgiro01
              Reply to Super Max 19-38 real test.
              tgiro01
              I've lured a husky neighbor with the promise of a turned pen. Now we are just waiting for the d()*& rain to stop so we can get the minivan around to the back steps into the basement, and get it down stairs. All my neighbors know that, when they help me - they walk away with a priceless work of art...
              Today, 10:47 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Super Max 19-38 real test.
              Rolf
              Scrappile I like that engine hoist. When we moved into this house back in 96 One of the first things I did was put a loft in the garage and provided a place to hang a chain hoist for working on my car. The roll around hoist has some advantages over my setup.
              Today, 10:30 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Interesting Hegner Patent
              Rolf
              I have two variable speed controllers one is on my Digital embroidery machine(inherited from my Mom) and I also have a Rampower carver with the electronic foot pedal. The variable speed on both of those gives much more control. especially on the power carver....
              Today, 10:22 AM
            Working...
            X