Portrait pattern request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portrait pattern request

Hi, I'm looking to see if anyone can help me with this. A former co-worker of mine recently passed away and I have been asked to make a small dedication to him. I would like to be able to do his portrait as part of that dedication. If anyone can help me with this, it is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Hi Sawdust....Will this work for you?

Ron
    Attached Files
    Ron

Comment

Nice pattern Ron.
      Sawdust, here is my take on your photo, hope its of use........Paul
      Attached Files
      Hi from the uk

Comment

You guys are great! Thank you both so much for taking the time out to design this. I know my former coworkers will be very happy.

Comment

I'm curious - how long does it take to make a pattern from a portrait like this? I need to make one and haven't done it before so I know it will be considerably longer the first time, but I'd like to know what is typical once you know what you're doing.
          Ken

Comment

I had seen in an old scroll saw mag that there is software that would allow any scroller to convert any portrait / picture to a working scroll saw pattern. If I do find the mag I will post necessary info for purchase. When it originally came out it priced around $90.

Jeff - Evergreen Pk, IL

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
              Reply to Source for 5-Ply poplar plywood?
              by will8989
              I do all my puzzles in 3/4” wood, mostly poplar but some cherry or walnut....
              Yesterday, 10:57 PM
            • millwab
              by millwab
              Understandable for your baskets Betty, but in my experience 1/4” solid wood for puzzles tends to not hold up very well. Especially the small locks....
              Yesterday, 08:57 AM
            • will8989
              Planer do
              by will8989
              Should read planer Died yesterday. But Bruce got out his instruction book and google and got it apart. Needs new belt, plastic cover and pulley gear. Ordered from eBay and should have by Monday. Of course all work on dough boards stopped. $55 is much cheaper than a new planer. Oh well, on to the next...
              Yesterday, 08:48 AM
            • will8989
              by will8989
              My customers won’t buy anything cut from plywood. I’ve spoiled them. I use poplar for all my kid puzzles. With Bruce volunteering at the County Park antique sawmill, I have an endless supply of poplar. My current batch is green and white striped. I make cases for all my puzzles and back them with...
              Yesterday, 08:43 AM
            • will8989
              Reply to Wood supply
              by will8989
              I have enough of that. I bought 3 sheets of 1/8 and 1/4 a few months back. Bruce was at the sawmill yesterday and the superintendent of the Park told them they were getting over 50 oak trees from various county parks. The trees have sort of bug that is killing them . They will be quarantining them in...
              Yesterday, 07:40 AM
            Working...
            X