Help with a photo, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a photo, please!

I tried making my first portrait, using photo editors. I have never cut one before -- I just started scrolling in October. I thought it worked out ok, but, when I cut them piece, it seems like the girl is sort of skeletal and disconnected. He really looked like "it was him", and she just kind of liked like a girl. It isn't quite ready to give to them, so, I want to try an re-cut it this week.

Attached is the photo and the pattern I tried. The photo isn't super good quality, because I got it from facebook -- I want this to be a surprise for their wedding this weekend. You can see that it made my pattern look pixelated.

If anyone has any tips or ideas for me, I could sure use them! And, if anyone has time to help make or modify my pattern, that would be really helpful!
    Attached Files

Here is a quick go at the photo, hope its of use to you.........Paul
    Attached Files
    Hi from the uk

Comment

Here is my take on it.
      Don R
      Attached Files
      http://www.oldcrowwoodcrafts.weebly.com
      http://www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com
      Custom Made Scroll Saw Patterns

Comment

Hey you guys made some really cool things! Some of them I'm not advanced enough to make. Here is what I ended up doing. I messed up in a few places. and even broke off part of her sleeve, but, for my 2nd portrait ever, I'm happy!

Thanks for your help!
        Attached Files

Comment

Hey that's not bad at all! Just keep at it for you will be your own worst critic! I allways find things I could have done better.

Fretting Life Away!

EX-30

Comment

What you came up with is pretty darned good. Keep at it and you'll get even better at it.

David
            My grandbabies are what keep me going

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
              by will8989
              Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
              Today, 10:32 AM
            • Sandy Oaks
              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
              by Sandy Oaks
              As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
              Today, 09:46 AM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
              by NC Scroller
              I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
              Today, 07:42 AM
            • NC Scroller
              by NC Scroller
              I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
              Today, 07:39 AM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              by Linda In Phoenix
              I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
              Yesterday, 10:01 PM
            Working...
            X