Need help with a photo, please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a photo, please...

Okay, so I have GIMP, follow the tutorial, and the 1st one went pretty darn good. Next two, not so much.. but they were a less detailed so I thought, okay, it's just my lack of experience... and I got help (which I am not ashamed).. LOL

Now I am trying this one... which looks to be the best photo (quality wise) ... so, I have no excuse as to why it's not coming out right... UNLESS, someone can tell me even though it appears better quality, it's a tough pattern 'for some reason or another'

'anyhow... I'd appreciate a pattern, and to know if it was easy, difficult, what program you used etc.... or any other words of wisdom...

I may not be cut out for making patterns, but not willing to give up yet... I really like this new hobby.. and lots of family members with requests.... any/all help is greatly appreciated...
    Attached Files

Don't give up yet!! Keep trying you will get it. Here is Mady
    Don R
    Attached Files
    http://www.oldcrowwoodcrafts.weebly.com
    http://www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com
    Custom Made Scroll Saw Patterns

Comment

Here's another concept of Mady. The hair, especially blonde hair is very difficult to do. ...Ron
      Attached Files
      Ron

Comment

Wow, awesome job, from both of you.
        And the other part is, how fast you did them. I can work on it for 3 evenings straight, and still not have an acceptable pattern... lots to learn here...............

By looking at your patterns, I think maybe I was trying to take too much out - not leaving enough detail. Partly perhaps, because I am still new to this and the intimidation factor of cutting all that without messing it up.

But, it was more than just the hair I was messing up... <sigh> I'll keep trying.

Really big THANK YOU, I will be cutting them both out, since her Parents as well as her Grandparents will both enjoy it. I am glad for your generosity, and this board.

Bert

Comment

The finished project

Here is the finished project.
          My pictures seem to bow (widen at top & bottom), but the piece isn't.

- I am actually ordering me a digital tablet to assist in editing the pictures. I hope it helps.

Thanks again for the help
          Attached Files

Comment

Turned out great

Comment

BTredway - Looks great!

Ron - if you don't mind, what software did you use to convert that picture?
              ichibob
              aka - Bob, USAF Ret.
              www.grandpaswoodshed.com

Comment

Bert...the cutting turned out great, thanks for sharing the finished version.

Bob...Basically, I use Adobe Photoshop and some times Gimp which is very similar to Adobe and is free on thier website. Also I usually send the finished pattern thru Inkscape for better lines and clean up. Hope this helps.

Ron
                Ron

Comment

Ron - I'll experiment some more on my next pattern. Not sure what sending it through inkscape means, but going to get it and see what I can find. Thank you again.

Bert

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                    Reply to Rikon Air Cleaner
                    by cwmagee
                    I wish Bruce a speedy recovery. If his recovery is similar as that of a friend he will be up and around in no time at all. My friends is over weight and had both knees done 5 days apart. Physical therapy helpd alot.
                    Today, 08:47 PM
                  • Tango
                    Reply to rbi Hawk scroll saw spring
                    by Tango
                    I had to replace the motor on my Hawk that we purchased new in 2002. I just called up Hawk & they had me send them my motor the power switch. He needed to collaborate the new motor and to my power switch. The new motor was sent back with in the week. I did this back in 2018 and it was a little...
                    Today, 04:06 PM
                  • surrealdreams
                    Reply to Help with spray adhesive
                    by surrealdreams
                    I've tried label paper as well. It peels off reasonably well, although different brands will probably perform differently. When it doesn't come off easily, I have a little heat gun that makes release quickly. When I have used 3M spray adhesive and left it on for too long, a hair dryer or heat gun...
                    Today, 02:47 PM
                  • Scroll Saw Bob
                    Reply to rbi Hawk scroll saw spring
                    by Scroll Saw Bob
                    Rolf, What is the voltage, H.P., and rpm on the motor on your G4?
                    Today, 01:06 PM
                  • planeur
                    Reply to Insertion of a marquetry pattern in a stained glass window
                    by planeur
                    It is me again....😉 with an other try which I think is the good one.
                    Lets compare :

the original stained glass before it broke

the same with broken glass

my first work to fill the hole

or

Today, 11:34 AM
                  Working...
                  X