Skier in the Mountains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skier in the Mountains

I am a cutter, not a designer. When I want a pattern I go looking for it. This time I can't find it, or even close to it. When that happens, I ask for help. This is me asking for help.
    For a Christmas present next year I am looking for a scene that has a skier or skiers in the mountains and trees and with, of course, snow. The skier, or skiers, are not the focus of the pattern but the background is, the mountains, trees, snow, etc.
    I know this is a difficult pattern without a picture and if necessary I will find a skying magazine and find a picture, but there, I have found, the skier is the focus.
    I hope I made myself clear. I don't want it to be simple or small. 11X14 and up would work fine.
    TIA
    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Hello ChuckD, I'd be glad to give it a go. The only problem is that i have looked at literally hundreds of mountain and ski pictures and don't really know what you have in mind. I wouldn't want to invest hours in somethng that isn't just what you want. If you can post a picture of the scene you want, i can stick a skier in anyplace that you think they should be. I can take things out or add as needed, but i will have to have an image to start with that you are gonna wanna cut. With a pattern that large you will have to have a fairly large image to start. Obviously a 200 x 400 72 dpi image won't work! lol I think you know what i mean. A large image with as high of a resolution as possible. I can work with anything, but the quality is going to suffer if it isn't big enough to start. Post a picture and we'll go from there. Atleast we will better understand what you are looking for.
    hope i can help,
    Russell

Comment

Thanks Russell, However Paul (Grandpa) came thru with a perfect design last night. I do appreciate it.
      Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
      Jean De La Bruyere...

l

Comment

So you probably don't need this lol.
        original pic from Wikpedia.
        Attached Files
        Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Thanks Jerry. That looks a little busy.
          Chuck D

Jean De La Bruyere...

l

Comment

Yeah you know me I like um that way.
            Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...