Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For a Bowhunter and Deer pattern

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to locate a pattern of a bowhunter drawing down on a buck that will be for a Christmas gift this year for my daughter. Would anyone happen to have one or know where I could get one.

Thanks,

Mike

I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum to maximize traffic and get you more responses to your request/question.
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 12-03-2011, 01:05 PM.

Theres this one close to what your looking for in my gallery bowhunter - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Photo Gallery that is a pattern from the wooden teddybear here The Wooden Teddy Bear, Inc.:
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Bowhunter and Deer pattern

Thanks Dale, I also found one of a buck and it looks like I'll have to create a way to incorparate them into a single design since I'm having trouble locating an already grouped pattern.

I also saw somewhere in a post, but can't remember how to get back to it, about a guy on facebook that makes patterns. Would you happen to know who this is, he is also in a magazine fron what he said. can't rmember his name either?

Thanks Again,

Mike

Comment

Here's what I came up with. Hope this will work.
        Attached Files
        Dan

My Gallery

Comment

Good pattern Dan, I suggest you have the deer facing the other way so it is a heart shot. As it is the shoulder bone is in the way of the arrow.
          Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
          Desert Woodcrafters
          Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

He's looking back at a very cute doe you can't see, he will turn, you make a sound to stop him.....and WAM!! LOL.
            Dan

My Gallery

Comment

Well, another idea for you... Using a decent sized piece of wood, you cut this pattern The Wooden Teddy Bear, Inc.: out on the upper right side of the board ( a hardwood slab with natural edges would look awesome), and to the left of that, you cut out a scene like The Wooden Teddy Bear, Inc.: Antler/Horned or The Wooden Teddy Bear, Inc.: Antler/Horned . To me that would look very cool!
              And, since you got me poking around on WTB site, take a ppk at this one : The Wooden Teddy Bear, Inc.: Antler/Horned thats almost what you were looking for isnt it? Hopefully youll come up with something.
              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

That's a nice one Dan, that would work nicely. As you might notice, I don't get the opportunity to get back here as reguarly as I would like IE slow reply, LOL

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                  Reply to New tools
                  by jim_mex
                  Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                  Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                • Hobbyhorse
                  Reply to New tools
                  by Hobbyhorse
                  Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                  Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                • Hobbyhorse
                  Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                  by Hobbyhorse
                  Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                  Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                • KarlB
                  Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                  by KarlB
                  Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                  Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                • KarlB
                  Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                  by KarlB
                  Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                  Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                Working...
                X