Christmas Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Tree

Hi, I am looking for a pattern for a free standing Christmas tree with the word of a carol on it - I think it is glory to God on the HIghest and peace...... I would love t make one for my parents for Christmas - hope someone out there can help

The lyrics are "Glory to God in the highest And peace to His people on earth"
    What exactly were you looking for? How much of that would you like on the tree? Let me know and I'll see what i can come up with.
    Russell

Comment

Christmas Tree

I got the idea from a Christmas card I saw where the words were in the form of the Christmas Tree. I think the words were very similar to what you suggested but I think the last bit after peace may have been goodwill to all men (which is the same sentiment as you said ).

I think the words were set out in 7 /8 lines with some of the words in smaller fonts. There was a star on the top.

Something along the lines of:
      line 1 - GLORY
      line 2 - TO GOD
      line 3 - IN THE
      line 4 - HIGHEST
      line 5 -AND PEACE or (AND ON EARTH)
      line 6 - TO HIS or (PEACE AND)
      line 7 - PEOPLE ON EARTH or (GOODWILL)
      line 8 (TO ALL MEN)

I have not done a huge amount of scroll saw work - do you think I am biting off more than I can chew with something like this? I don't mind which set of words because they both say the same thing really.

Thanks for your time

Comment

Here's what i came up with. See what ya think. Hope it can be of some use.
        Russell
        Attached Files

Comment

I love it Birch. You did an excellent job.

Comment

Wow, thanks. I can't wait to get started - plan to use a piece of pirana pine I have in the workshop.

Appreciate your time.
            Jay

Comment

One sweeeet pattern Birchbark.......love it. Thanks for my copy.
              Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                Reply to Home remodeling update - 28 August
                by jim_mex
                24 Oct - Home 'make-over completed!!!

Hi again all – time flies when you are busy and Norma and I have certainly been that the past couple of months since we embarked on our home 'total make-over' project but the good news is the work is now complete and we spent the past week moving back
                Today, 12:39 PM
              • scrollerpete
                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                by scrollerpete
                You did a fantastic job Denny, I’m sure you will have an happy customer...
                Today, 12:33 PM
              • Sandy Oaks
                Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                by Sandy Oaks
                This is a custom order request. The pattern is by Harvey Byler purchased from WoodCraftByScott.com. I enlarged the pattern by 10%. Cut at home on the EX21 using FD UR #5 blades. The wood is Poplar approximately 7" x 9". Sanded with the Sand Flee and dipped in Shellac diluted 50% with...
                Today, 10:43 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Rolf
                Quartz. What are you not certain of?
                I needed to make a couple of custom sized Octagonal replacement windows, I wanted the most precision. I don't remember where I bought it. If I had seen the bi-directional Incra 1000 I probably would have bought it instead. With the 2000 you have to choose...
                Today, 09:08 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                by Rolf
                Love every bit of it! The lighting really makes it pop. Would you mind sharing the source for the lights that you used?...
                Today, 08:55 AM
              Working...
              X