Christmas Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Tree

Hi, I am looking for a pattern for a free standing Christmas tree with the word of a carol on it - I think it is glory to God on the HIghest and peace...... I would love t make one for my parents for Christmas - hope someone out there can help

The lyrics are "Glory to God in the highest And peace to His people on earth"
    What exactly were you looking for? How much of that would you like on the tree? Let me know and I'll see what i can come up with.
    Russell

Comment

Christmas Tree

I got the idea from a Christmas card I saw where the words were in the form of the Christmas Tree. I think the words were very similar to what you suggested but I think the last bit after peace may have been goodwill to all men (which is the same sentiment as you said ).

I think the words were set out in 7 /8 lines with some of the words in smaller fonts. There was a star on the top.

Something along the lines of:
      line 1 - GLORY
      line 2 - TO GOD
      line 3 - IN THE
      line 4 - HIGHEST
      line 5 -AND PEACE or (AND ON EARTH)
      line 6 - TO HIS or (PEACE AND)
      line 7 - PEOPLE ON EARTH or (GOODWILL)
      line 8 (TO ALL MEN)

I have not done a huge amount of scroll saw work - do you think I am biting off more than I can chew with something like this? I don't mind which set of words because they both say the same thing really.

Thanks for your time

Comment

Here's what i came up with. See what ya think. Hope it can be of some use.
        Russell
        Attached Files

Comment

I love it Birch. You did an excellent job.

Comment

Wow, thanks. I can't wait to get started - plan to use a piece of pirana pine I have in the workshop.

Appreciate your time.
            Jay

Comment

One sweeeet pattern Birchbark.......love it. Thanks for my copy.
              Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                Reply to My computer issues.
                by Rolf
                Linda,
                Quote, I kept my old computer even though it was barely alive simply due to one particular program...Picassa by Google...which they removed from the market years ago. It worked like a combo photo and editing program but easier. It could take a photo and change it to a line drawing beautifully...
                Today, 08:41 AM
              • RJweb
                by RJweb
                Buy an apple and keep the computer dr away, RJ...
                Today, 08:39 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to New turning tools
                by Rolf
                Thanks for posting Carole, Depending on what other time consuming distractions I have I might just have to do a wavy bowl.
                Also for reminding me that I have your books on my shelf for inspiration!!
                This will also be the first time I use the Excalibur to cut the rings instead of fighting...
                Today, 08:27 AM
              • NC Scroller
                by NC Scroller
                There is a free software package by GLARY Utilities by glarysoft that our local computer club uses to clean junk off do hard drives and defrag. They recommend running it monthly. You should also check for malware which most antivirus software does not prevent.

https://www.glarysoft....
                Today, 07:57 AM
              • handibunny
                Reply to New turning tools
                by handibunny
                Actually, Jim, I'm delighted that making bowls with the scroll saw is still a viable part of the scroll saw repertoire.

In truth, the scroll saw part involves only the creation of the blank and the cutting of the concentric rings. That's what distinguishes scroll saw segmentation (both...
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 2 photos.
                Today, 07:44 AM
              Working...
              X