Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice

While doing a craft show last weekend one of the vendors approached me about doing a sign for in front o her business. She gave her business card, showed me what she wanted on it and the size. I told her I may not be able to do a 18 x 20 sign because my saw throat is only 16" but I would try. I did come up with something yesterday but the more I look at it the more I'm not sure how to cut it out. The letters I can do I'm just not sure what would be the best way to cut the lady. Would it be easier to just cut lines so they just show the outline of the lady or should I try and cut the outside with the table at an angle so I can push the shape outward and give it a 3D effect?

Dan
    Attached Files

I would do it as a segmentation. and then shape it, stain or color.
    Then glue it to a backer.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

It would look good as a fretwork portrait as well. THough as a sign you might have to enhance the cuts for it to be easly seen. you could do this with stain from the back side..... I use the tech. on many of my plaques and signs.

COngradulations on your order.....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Shrink wrap systems
        by Linda In Phoenix
        I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
        Yesterday, 10:01 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
        by will8989
        Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
        Yesterday, 09:53 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Shrink wrap systems
        by will8989
        Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
        Yesterday, 09:49 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
        by will8989
        He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
        Yesterday, 09:32 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Sundays market
        by will8989
        We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
        Yesterday, 08:56 PM
      Working...
      X