Pattern Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern Help

I have been working on this pattern and once I get to a certain point my program crashes. I am not sure if it is because I am using Windows 7 or why but it is doing it in both Gimp and Photoshop...Grrrrr! It is a picture of my sitter's childern that I would like to do for Xmas. If there is anyone out there that could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Brenda
    Attached Files

Very possible you may need to reinstall the programs. Mine did that a while back and I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it's worked fine since. I also use Gimp, Photoshop, and Inkscape. Also, you may do a virus scan and a pc maintance. Then possiblly even defrag. That may work also, but I would do the reinstall first as it's the easiest and quickest.
    "Keep Scrolling Along"
    Chris "The WoodArtist"
    https://www.facebook.com/TheWoodArtistWoodShop

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to try doing that right now because I am getting very frustrated.

Comment

I think your pattern is going nicely. I did you another one if you are interested. You may have to play with the lettering on the shirts if you intended to keep that.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the help. I did try all the suggstions above and reinstalled the program but it is still not working properly. Hmmm...gonna have to try and figure something out I guess.

Comment

You may search google or some search engine and see if there is an update patch for the programs on windows 7. You may also after uninstalling it have to go into you computer programs and manually delete the files left as sometimes even when you uninstall a program files are left especially ones that have save things on them or you used and saved files with. I had a problem similar to your's on a game I played a lot and it messed up and I had to uninstall it and then also go and manually delete files for it before reinstalling it before it worked right. You can also contact support for those programs through email and they will probably be able to help you. I know your photoshop has support for it but not sure about gimp. Sorry for the previous ideas didn't work and hope this helps.
            "Keep Scrolling Along"
            Chris "The WoodArtist"

Comment

You may have to manually delete the files after uninstalling it. I would try and get costomer support especially with the photoshop through their website and explain to them they should be able to help you out also you may search for "patch" for them on windows 7. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
              "Keep Scrolling Along"
              Chris "The WoodArtist"

Comment

Please don't be sorry...I never would have thought to even try that...I was getting so frustrated with it and really want to get started on this portrait. I will see what I can find out and hopefully get it working properly. Thanks again!

Comment

Thought I would give the picture a try and see if I could pull a pattern out of it since I couldn't help you with the program problems. Hope this is what you were wanting hope it helps you.
                  Attached Files
                  "Keep Scrolling Along"
                  Chris "The WoodArtist"

Comment

I think I have fixed the problem! Not positive but wanted to get an opinion or two about this pattern. Thanks so much for that pattern help. I appreciate it so much but do like to try and see what I can do...Sigh..I hope the compatibility issues or whatever they were are permanently fixed.

Thanks again...and please critique my pattern...I can use all the help I can get..
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slappy17 View Post
                      I think I have fixed the problem! Not positive but wanted to get an opinion or two about this pattern. Thanks so much for that pattern help. I appreciate it so much but do like to try and see what I can do...Sigh..I hope the compatibility issues or whatever they were are permanently fixed.

Thanks again...and please critique my pattern...I can use all the help I can get..
                      Glad you may have the problem fixed. I would critique your pattern but there's nothing to critique about, it looks great. Something a great pattern designer once told me, "If you like the pattern and think it's what you and your customer want then don't worry about anyone else. We all have different tastes when it comes to a finished pattern. That's what makes each designer unique. The only people that matter are you and the one getting it."
                      Anyways, that's what I was told. Again, glad you got the problem fixed and great pattern.
                      "Keep Scrolling Along"
                      Chris "The WoodArtist"

Comment

Thanks so much for the words of wisdom. I am still very new to this craft and am enjoying it. Although I could do without the speed bumps such as the PC problems. Gets very frustrating lol...Now if I could only figure out how to enlarge it and print it across multiple sheets of paper rather than going to Staples to enlarge it..my day would be complete

Thanks again!

Brenda

Comment

Brenda,
                          Try rapid resizer, they have a free 14 day trial I do believe.

Rapid Resizer - Easily Enlarge Patterns, Drawings and Photographs
                          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Ahhh ok I will try it and see what happens..ty

Comment

You are welcome. They have a tutorial on their site but it is pretty straight forward.
                              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
                                Reply to Interesting pallet
                                by Jim McDonald
                                I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
                                But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
                                Today, 08:17 PM
                              • Quartz43
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Quartz43
                                I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                                Today, 03:40 PM
                              • hotshot
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by hotshot
                                You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                                Today, 02:27 PM
                              • RJweb
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by RJweb
                                I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                                Today, 01:31 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                                Today, 11:51 AM
                              Working...
                              X