ornament stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ornament stand

I am looking for a scroll saw stand to hold ornaments. Actually the ornaments I want it for are carved Santa ornaments about 6" tall. I am not impressed with the wire ones and have not found one in any of my books. Thanks in advance for any help.

Irish

Check out Steve Goods site. Holidays-Christmas-Special Occasion : he has a nice stand. Don
    Don

Comment

Don, Thanks for the link I found one close to what I was looking for. Irish

Comment

Irish what and where did you find the one you were looking for? Inquiring minds have absolutely got to know....LOL
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Not sure if you want a stand that holds a single ornament or multiple ornaments, but Sheila Landry has some nice single holders here: ASLDP001 - Set of 10 Ornament Display Stand Patterns
          Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!

Comment

http://www.stevedgood.com/tallornamentstand.pdf

Mike this is from Steve Goods site.

Thank you Brett, I will check it out, at this time I want a single one but I may use Steve's pattern if my wife takes my stuff to a craft show in Nov.

Comment

Thanks buddy. I already had that one..appreciate your taking the time to help out though.

Do people really just display a single ornament or perhaps a pair of them?
              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I made my own steam bent stands here is a link to the thread
                http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/off-topic/28748.htm
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Rolf, Just went through your thread and found it very interesting. I really like the way yours looks but don't think I want to go through all that for one stand at this time. Thanks for the thread I enjoyed reading it. I was really impressed I could see the top of your work bench unlike mine

Comment

Instead of steaming you could always do a lamination of thin veneers.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Woodcarving Illustrated - How To Magazine for Carvers - Making a Lure Display Stand

This is for a lure carving but should work for ornaments as well. Thought I would bring it over here from the wood carving site.

Rolf, Thanks for the idea of using veneers I may have some and will give it a try if I do.

Comment

Really like the wire one, it is so simple to do.
                        Great idea.
                        thank you
                        jim
                        penquin

Comment

I think I made a mistake. My name is Robert Cahill and I normally am on the sister site where I use my real name. Irish was all ready taken over there. I know Laura Irish has a wonderful site with many patterns and this pattern is hers. I woke up last night remembering I used Irish here and I may have given the impression that I did the pattern. I hope no one took it for my pattern.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                            Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                            by Linda In Phoenix
                            What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                            The bags seem easier on the surface.
                            But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                            Today, 03:24 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                            by will8989
                            Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                            Today, 10:32 AM
                          • Sandy Oaks
                            by Sandy Oaks
                            As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                            Today, 09:46 AM
                          • NC Scroller
                            Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                            by NC Scroller
                            I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                            Today, 07:42 AM
                          • NC Scroller
                            by NC Scroller
                            I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                            Today, 07:39 AM
                          Working...
                          X