Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for Baseball Related plans & Ideas

Hi Folks,

I've been scouring the net and forums for baseball related fretwork or intarsia plans. So far most of what I have found are small desk or trophy type silhouettes. I'm looking for something a little more detailed. Ideally a player at bat. The best I've found to date is a scroll saw pattern for a glove with a batter cut out of it Buy Baseball Glove Scroll Saw Plan at Woodcraft. Neat idea but i'm not fussy on the wide cut out of the batter, perhaps something I could tweak or eliminate and just leave the ball and glove with maybe a clock in the bottom right of the glove.
    I did find one other glove with a clock in the center but it wasn't very detailed 07-CL1-6 - Baseball Clock (PDF) Scroll Saw Pattern, anyone have something else, I'm not looking for anything team specific just generic. Be nice if I could find a batter but pitchers, gloves etc would all tickle my fancy.

Thanks in advance

Here are two patterns I made a few months ago, hope you can use them.
    Attached Files
    Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!

Comment

look in the vault there is a batter with a bat just hitting the ball .I have used it several times. once even for a momerial for a fan . the only thing i did to it was add his uniform #

Comment

Oges thanks foir the great pattern

Comment

Check out Issue 44 Fall 2011 of SSW magazine page 50.

Great picture of a batter from Charles Dearing.

You have to scan it in unless either the magazine or Charles can make it available.

I am waiting for the trading card that my Grandson gets from little league to make a plaque for him.

Don.

PS It is a pain to have to scan from the book so please ask the publisher for a copy. The more people who do hopefully that service will be available to subscribers.
          Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

hmm i looked through the vault and didn't find anything, I'll have a second look maybe just blind the first pass through

Comment

Thanks Oges, the pitcher is definetly along the lines of what I was looking for as I'm looking for something I can incorporate into something to hang on the wall.

Comment

Not a batter or pitcher, but an interesting plan. In the Creative Woodworks and Crafts Oct 2001 magazine there's an intarsia (? segmentation) plan called batter up clock. It looks like a cap or coat rack with a clock in the center. Its a diamond shaped background with a cap on top, glove on bottom and segments for the bases. Also has baseballs for the numbers for the clock. It looks to be about 15-18w X 20-24h.
                Mike

Comment

Here is a pattern I made awhile back, I hope it helps.
                  Attached Files
                  CHRIS

http://www.members.cox.net/messman123/messman.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Croaker View Post
                    look in the vault there is a batter with a bat just hitting the ball .I have used it several times. once even for a momerial for a fan . the only thing i did to it was add his uniform #
                    How do I access "the vault"? I do not see those exact words anywhere.
                    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
                    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Finn View Post
                      How do I access "the vault"? I do not see those exact words anywhere.
                      Free Scroll Saw Pattern Vault - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board
                      Its listed on the Forum under the Pattern section
                      Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by Oges View Post
                        Thanks for the help. I found the "Vault" but not the pattern mentioned in this thread. What am I missing ? A brain?
                        Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
                        "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                          by NC Scroller
                          My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                          Today, 07:42 AM
                        • will8989
                          by will8989
                          None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                          Today, 12:20 AM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                          The bags seem easier on the surface.
                          But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                          Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                          by will8989
                          Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                          Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                        • Sandy Oaks
                          by Sandy Oaks
                          As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                          Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                        Working...
                        X