ATTN Chess set makers & others pttrn request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN Chess set makers & others pttrn request

I am trying to create a scroll sawn chess board and chess set. I have the ideas I believe that will make nice compound cut pieces, but looking for ideas froma suggestion by Shannon about scrtoll sawn images that make the dark and light squares of the board.

I am looking for ideas that would complement a chess set based on swords and daggers such as the image below. Any reasonable ideas welcome as I have trouble with any blades smaller the #2.

Thanks in advance for any help suggestions or just support for this project.
    Attached Files
    Dragyn (Oh my! Another Mike! )

It's a good thing my head is attached to my ... ... Has anyone seen my head?!?

http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/att...chessset_1.jpg

This is a chess board that I made some time ago. Something along that line would look good with the daggers and swords. Nothing on this chess board was made with a scroll saw. Just a table saw, 1/2 inch chisel, and a fine tooth miter saw.

Oh yea. Tendon joints on the corner towers. This is the first and probably the last time I ever use tendon joints on anything, took for ever to chisel them out.
    Pajaro
    I'm not really a cowboy.
    Last edited by Pajaro; 07-17-2009, 02:23 PM.

www.pajarostudiowns.com
    Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
    One of the Chosen few

"The Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated......I am retired!!!!!!!".

Comment

Check out this short video on how to make a chess/checker board the quick and easy way.
      Making A Chess Board The Quick&Easy Way - Video

JackM

Comment

I agree with Pete on the board, build the base with a table saw. There's some hints on how to do that around here somewhere.

As for the pieces, The would look good, but they would be very weak. The thing to remember is that chess pieces can get dropped on the floor and will be handled by people. As you have them designed, they would probably break. I've tried to make some pieces like this
        Attached Files
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        Jim
        DW788
        My scrollin' blog

The worst day scrollin' is better than the best day o' workin'

Comment

Thanks everybody for the ideas. I think I have created another design that looks good on paper but is not very pratical.
          Dragyn (Oh my! Another Mike! )

It's a good thing my head is attached to my ... ... Has anyone seen my head?!?

Comment

There is another potential solution.... You could make shields and cut the knife or sword out as a hole in the shield....... That would give you a beefier piece
            -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
            Jim
            DW788
            My scrollin' blog

The worst day scrollin' is better than the best day o' workin'

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X