Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gill
    replied
    The Gimp is lovely free software. It sounds to me as if you've created an image with a transparent background. It will automatically be protected because it is the original base layer so I suggest you duplicate the layer(Ctrl+J) to produce one that is unprotected then use the flood tool to fill it with a background colour of your choice. White would be my preference Now you can work away on that new layer to your hearts content.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    I would if I could, but I haven't used it for a while. Have you tried googling it? There are usually lots of tutorial videos on line.
    I just did that and there are lots of videos.

Just for a quick look I started my version 2.8. Under edit you have "preferences" the "display".
    Try that. Mine came up as a white backround on startup.
    Last edited by Rolf; 05-17-2018, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Robertgodwin453@gmail.com
    replied
    Yes GIMP Can you help me?

Leave a comment:

• Misouri Wayne
    replied
    GIMP?

"Time to give back."

Leave a comment:

• Robertgodwin453@gmail.com
    started a topic Gimp issue.

Gimp issue.

I am new to GIMP and I have a couple of questions and I’m not sure if this is where I should post this but here it goes.

1. How do I get rid of checkered board background, it comes up automatically when I start GIMP.
    2. Whenever I try to apply a change I get a message saying item is locked. How do I unlock it?

thanks

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• leehljp
    Reply to coronavirus conversation
    by leehljp
    From a "Pen" forum:
    Wife, calling out from another room: "Do you ever get a stabbing pain in your chest, you know, like someone is sticking pins in a Voodoo doll with your image on it?"

Me: No, Why?

Wife (about 5 seconds later) "How about now...
    Yesterday, 08:59 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Ice Cream
    by Linda In Phoenix
    That's adorable! I haven't received my copy of that issue yet. I think it went slow truck this time. When I do I am going to check that out!
    Yesterday, 08:28 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Why can I find..
    by Linda In Phoenix
    From what issue? This crayon is dull, but I'd like to help look.
    Yesterday, 08:26 PM
  • Barb.Enders
    Summer issue patterns
    by Barb.Enders
    It was great to receive the summer issue today as the snow squalls were flying I was very excited to copy to try the fretwork Parrot by Charlie Dearing. I have spiral blades on order and should be receiving them soon as well. Did you mean to cut the last bit of tail off. It looks odd that it has...
    Yesterday, 06:35 PM
  • will8989
    Why can I find..
    by will8989
    the extra balloon pattern from this issue? We know I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, my daughter's words, but I've searched for it on here and scrollersawer.com and nothing. Help!!
    Yesterday, 12:37 PM
Working...
X