Gimp issue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gimp issue.

I am new to GIMP and I have a couple of questions and I’m not sure if this is where I should post this but here it goes.

1. How do I get rid of checkered board background, it comes up automatically when I start GIMP.
    2. Whenever I try to apply a change I get a message saying item is locked. How do I unlock it?

thanks

GIMP?

"Time to give back."
    "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Yes GIMP Can you help me?

Comment

I would if I could, but I haven't used it for a while. Have you tried googling it? There are usually lots of tutorial videos on line.
        I just did that and there are lots of videos.

Just for a quick look I started my version 2.8. Under edit you have "preferences" the "display".
        Try that. Mine came up as a white backround on startup.
        Last edited by Rolf; 05-17-2018, 08:34 AM.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

The Gimp is lovely free software. It sounds to me as if you've created an image with a transparent background. It will automatically be protected because it is the original base layer so I suggest you duplicate the layer(Ctrl+J) to produce one that is unprotected then use the flood tool to fill it with a background colour of your choice. White would be my preference Now you can work away on that new layer to your hearts content.

There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X