Need help with gimp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with gimp

I am trying to take a scroll saw pattern and resize it in gimp. Can someone please give me a simple tutorial in doing that.
    Say my pattern is 4 inches wide by 4 inches wide. I want to make it like 3.25 inches wide and 5 inches tall, what do I have to do, to make a simple easy resize and then be able to print.
    Apppreciate it much
    Thanks
    Bill

DEWALT 788 and Hegner 18vs..... AND STILL CUTTIN IT UP!!!!

Member of Scrollsaw Association of the World

Bill, It is easier in Inkscape. All you will have to do is resize the desktop and drag your image into the desktop. If you would like me to do it for you, email it to me at oldcrowscrollwerks@yahoo.com.
    Don R
    Last edited by DROB; 01-10-2017, 09:54 AM.
    CUSTOM MADE SCROLL SAW PATTERNS
    www.oldcrowscrollwerks.weebly.com

Comment

Also, do you want to have a smaller image on your computer or just print the image as 3 1/2 by 5 in.If for the latter, just select 'print preview' or 'print setup' (I'm not that familiar with GIMP, so I don't know how it is called there) and adjust the width and height of your image in the printer menu that will pop up. Make sure you uncheck the option 'retain original aspect-ratio' first otherwise your image will always change itself to either a 3.5 or 5 in. square.
      Last edited by Ennobee; 01-11-2017, 10:58 PM.

Comment

I agree that printing it the size you want is probably the easiest way to go. However, you're talking about altering the aspect ratio, which is likely to change the way the pattern looks. If you want to retain the original aspect ratio, just change one dimension of the original and the other will automatically follow.
        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X