pattern resizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pattern resizing

I have some ornaments and I would like to make some bigger or smaller of the original pattern, what free program that is easy to use does anyone suggest
    Thanks
    Bill

DEWALT 788 and Hegner 18vs..... AND STILL CUTTIN IT UP!!!!

Member of Scrollsaw Association of the World

I use Paint, or Paint.net
    Also your printer should have a reduce or enlarge feature.

Comment

I like Inkscape.
      Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
      Desert Woodcrafters
      Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

If they are in PDF acrobat has a feature to enlarge. If it does not fit to one sheet the posturize function will split to multiple sheets.

Some times I import a pattern into Inkscape if a picture and then trace the bit map and then I can do what ever I want with the size.

If a pattern from Steve Good you can open the pdf in Inkscape extract the pattern you want and resize in Inkscape as it is SVG format.

Many ways to skin the cat.

Don

Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

I've been using Ifranview -- http://www.irfanview.com/ It's a freeware video viewer and enhancement tool.

Once your graphic is loaded -> Image Tab -> Resize/Resample. Then you can adjust your graphic size in pixels, centimeters or inches. I use it to reduce the photos, that I upload to this site, down to 780 pixels or less.

I like to cut with red patterns. Once I've loaded my pattern -> Image Tab -> Color Correction. Slide the "R" pointer, under Color Balance, all the way to the right and click OK. The pattern is now red and I can print it out to glue on the board. I, also save it, so I don't have to work so hard next time

Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X