Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jim_mex
    replied
    Hey Bob - Rob has pointed you in the right direction and normally I'd follow his lead but if you only want to modify a small part of a image here's a little trick I've used more than once in past.

You can visually erase part of drawing by masking it out. By this I mean you can carefully draw a shape over the top of it and then colour this shape white or whatever other colour your background is. If for example I wanted to change a complicated line I would first draw the white mask on top of it and then draw in the new line on top of the mask to bridge the gap the mask has created. This can be done on one layer or could be done on a series of layers - for example your original drawing would be on the lowest layer in the stack, the mask on the next layer up and the new line on the uppermost layer. This technique has one other advantage in that you haven't destroyed your original drawing if you want to go back to it for any reason.

Following up your other question to Rob - although I've written tutorials on this forum on Inkscape I'm not an avid Inkscape user and like Rob my vector illustration program of choice is Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 2013

Unlike Rob I also use the image editing features of this program all the time for minor pixel based image editing because I find it much quicker and easier to use than Photoshop. I also do all of my image resizing in the program as well as occasionally layout of point of sale publicity documents. This program is like a Swiss army knife for me and is so easy and intuitive to use that I wouldn't trade it for any of the competition out there.

If you check in on the Xara web site you can download a fully working 30 day evaluation program to try out.

Leave a comment:

• Arcy
    replied
    I like Xara Photo & Graphic Designer: photo editing and graphic design software

Despite the name, it's primarily a vector graphics application. I haven't really us the photo stuff they've added in recent versions.

--Rob

Leave a comment:

• tvman44
    replied
    Which one do you use?

Leave a comment:

• Arcy
    replied
    Inkscape uses vector drawing, so the base object is a path or shape. You should be able to delete individual paths or shapes, but not part of one.

Instead, break the shape into multiple pieces: add nodes at the edges where you want to cut the shape and then delete all of the nodes on the side you don't want.

Some drawing programs include a tool which will do this for you, but I don't know if Inksxape has one (I usually use a different vector program)

--Rob

Leave a comment:

• tvman44
    started a topic Question for Inkscape users?

Question for Inkscape users?

I have tried and tried and cannot figure out how to erase part of a image in inkscape. Every time I try it erases my entire image. Help.
    Bob

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X