Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portrait making using Adobe Photo Shop...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bdsears
    replied
    Chris - AWESOME.... I am now working on my very first portrait!!!! Thanks to you!

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    Originally posted by Messman View Post
    Max,

Great job. I think I would have added a couple more bridges myself, but from what I can tell your pattern is cuttable. Now I would suggest that you go cut your pattern. I would print 2 copies of the pattern, one to cut and the other to make notes on about how easy or hard particular areas were to cut. That way you can go back to your pattern and make an adjustment and then try cutting again. This is the best way to learn patterning, cause you start learning what you really can and cannot do.
    Chris - what a great suggestion! I find that I will make notes on scrap pieces of wood, or the edge of the pattern - then promptly lose them!
    thanks.
    Oh - and when I can get to some high speed internet I will be checking out your tutorial.
    T

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Great tutorial Chris Thanks
    It is just the final push for me to get photoshop. It is such a powerful program. I do a lot of photography and have been using Paint shop pro, time to step up.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Santiago
    replied
    thanks for all the info I need to go home and try it.

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    replied
    Here is a way to post photos.
    Click on the Go Advanced button under the reply box, Click on Manage Attachments, click Browse, find your file name on your computer, click it, then click Upload. It may take a few seconds to load.
    Once you see the file name under current attachments you can close the window.
    If you want you can Preview Post (a wise choice) then if all is well, click on Submit reply.
    Good luck

Looking forward to some pics!

Leave a comment:

• WntrCrow
    replied
    Hi Chris... I'll be posting some pictures soon... may be its the old dog, new tricks syndrome but figuring how to post pictures will have to wait till after the quasi-joy of learning to use photoshop...
    Since my last posting I've done my Great-niece and a photo-capture of John Wayne from the Searchers... he was smiling and I found doing teeth pretty interesting... now I'm trying do glasses without obliterating the eyes... thanks for your time... let you know how it goes.
    Gregg

Leave a comment:

• Messman
    replied
    Gregg,

I do not have elements 9, so I really can not give you a correct answer. But I can give you a best guess. When you look at your tool bar where your paint brush is you should find the paint bucket or Fill Tool. If you do not see the paint bucket look at the tool icons if you see a very small black arrow in one of the corners of the tool icon, this means that there are additional tool in that location. To see what those tools are right click the icon and you should have a menu come up where you can select which tool you want. Check all your icons until you find your fill tool. I wish I good be of better assistance. If I did not answer you question properly please e-mail me and we can try to figure this out.

I am so glad that my tutorials helped you out in your pattern making adventure. I am hoping that you have posted a picture (of the projects you patterned) of the finished projects, I would love to see them. I am going to look through your posting now.

Leave a comment:

• WntrCrow
    replied
    Hi Chris... Your videos helped me as well... esp. since adobe is no real help and I didn't want to pay lynda.com 40 a month... I'm using elements 9... you helped me finish my first project, my great-nephew... the second cutting was better... <grin>
    My question would be, do you know how to access the paint can move you used to fix the floaters in the beak, in elements 9? Anyway THANK YOU for the help, because you really did...
    Gregg...

Leave a comment:

• Arcy
    replied
    Photoshop is an expensive commercial application. Photoshop Elements is an easier but less powerful and much less expensive version. There is a free program www.gimp.org which can be used similarly.

--Rob

Leave a comment:

• Oakman404
    replied
    These programs that you are using. Are they programs that you have to buy or can I download them free somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• Messman
    replied
    I actually watched them online. so I don't know whats up, like I said they worked fine for me, anyone else have a problem with them?

Leave a comment:

• bubbantenn
    replied
    No, I didn't download them. I watched them on line. Guess I should've downloaded them. I told you it was probably my headspace and timing.

Bubba

Leave a comment:

• Messman
    replied
    I just checked out the videos and they played in their entirety for me. Did you download them or did you watch them on line?

Leave a comment:

• Messman
    replied
    Bubba,

I took the appoach I did in the video because I wanted folks to get the basic techniques down. Once you understand the basic techniques then I encourage folks to start playing with different features of the programs they are using, to find what works best for them. I do not use alot of layering, myself because I am a saver. I save my work often so I can go back if I need to, not always the fastest way of doing things, just the way I do it. As far as changing to gray scale, I will do this sometimes, it depends on the picture I am working. Sometimes by going to the gray scale I will loose detail I want to keep while others I will pick up detail that is hard to see in the color. By all means ask as many questions as you want. You can ask them here or if you want feel free to e-mail me.

Leave a comment:

• bubbantenn
    replied
    Chris, I'm curious as to why you don't use the grayscale feature. I find it helps before I go to filter/sketch/photocopy.
    Also, after I've gotten my pattern adjusted I then use the adjustment/levels feature to adjust the black and white areas. I find this much easier than trying to erase or paint different areas. It also helps to remove a lot of background clutter.
    You may have mentioned these things in your video but for some reason the videos were cut off before they finished and I had to go to the next video. I'm sure it's operator headspace and timing on my part. It usually is.
    Thanks for the tutoring via your videos. I learned a lot about my Photshop 7 program from your tutorial although I stil have a ton of questions, especially about layering, etc. that I'm trying to learn by reading my text.

Bubba

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X