Two toy airplanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two toy airplanes

After posting images of my toy airplanes almost a month ago, I finally came around to updating the plans for the planes at least halfway good enough to share them. My computer still doesn't want to let me use my Inkscape so the plans are made old style by drawing lines in a photo program and saving them as 16-color gifs: Print at 100 dpi or as a full 8 1/2 x 11 letter.

Curtiss P-36 scale 1/48 for 1/4 in. craftwood
    simpleP36-1-48.gif

Same aircraft scale 1/36 for 1/2 in. craftwood
    simpleP36-1-36.gif

Alternative fuselages for scale 1/48 and 1/36
    simpleP37-1-48.gif

Japanese Ki-27 to go up against the Curtiss early 1941 over China.... or in the skies of the kid's room on Saturday mornings. Scale 1/48 for 1/4 in. craftwood
    simpleKi21-1-48.gif

Same aircraft scale 1/36 for 1/2 in. craftwood
    image_76952.gif

Instructions are pretty straightforward: Cut the pieces, glue the landing gear into the wing. Squeeze the stabilizer into the slot in the fuselage and fasten with some glue. Drill hole in center of propeller and use a woodscrew or a dowel to fix it to the fuselage. Finally screw or glue the wings to the fuselage.Detail or paint to taste.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions
    Last edited by Ennobee; 03-26-2022, 04:34 PM.

Great. Thanks for sharing.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thank you Ennobee. Do you have a picture of the finished plane?
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

They are in the 'work in progress' section where I originally.posted my build of the planes.

The toys in the picture were the larger 1/36 scale versions build out of throwaway pallet wood that was more like 3/4 in. rather than the 1/2 in I designed the planes for. So I had to adjust the width of the slots by trial-and-error. However with only 4 slots, that was doable. It did not impact the overall look of the finished planes. So still wondering how a 'luxury' version in polished 1/2' white oak or mahogany would look like .

As it is right now still too cold to go scrollsawing in the garage, yes, here in Texas, 40 degree is considered stay-indoors-unless-you-have-to-cold, my works in progress consist out of making lots of plans for toy airplanes. So here are three airplanes I did last week. Works in progress because I hope going out and cutting

Comment

update. I just found out that instead the 1/36 plans for the Ki-27, I posted the 1/36 plans for the P-36 twice. Just uploaded the correct plans.

Still working on a vector-based Inkscape or PDF version.... provided I can finally get my Inkscape to work again.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
            Reply to Phone call from son.
            by meflick
            Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
            Today, 01:10 PM
          • meflick
            Reply to Hello from Central Florida
            by meflick
            Welcome to the forum from another Tennessean....
            Today, 01:04 PM
          • John Smith
            by John Smith
            Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
            HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
            Today, 10:01 AM
          • Jim McDonald
            Reply to Phone call from son.
            by Jim McDonald
            My kids always call me since I am the one who probably did the stuff they are calling about.

I know it's scary to get that call, but I'm glad to hear the charge exited where it did before it went any further.

Probably hurts like hell and he has a copper taste in his mouth...
            Today, 09:52 AM
          • Sandy Oaks
            by Sandy Oaks
            Welcome to the forum from TN. As a Pegas Distributor, Pegas has the Super Skip blades which works perfectly with acrylics at a reduced speed.
            Today, 09:40 AM
          Working...
          X