Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planeur
    replied
    Thanks to all !πŸ˜€ Your comment are very good and make sense!

My piece is 8"X8" X 1/2" thick.
    I though when I cutted the piece to do it in 1 piece or 4/5 , but after a while I decided to do it in one piece and carved it to have a 3D aspect.
    Was it a good idea.....?
    I will analyse your comments while having a bike ride today....! 😁

See you soon and thanks again πŸ˜‰

planeur

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Great designe! I would have gone a bit further than Linda, Scott and Gladefade I would cut it into more pieces to make shaping easier. Taper the clouds from right to left, taper the wings so that they are lower where they attach to the body. Taper the neck so that it looks like it is going into the night shirt.
    I look forward to see where you go with this.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    I would start by tracing your piece on a piece of 1/8" (3mm) material and then cut the back our such that it is a fraction smaller that your project. Then I would cut your piece into two pieces. I mean cut the angel from the cloud. I would then put the cloud on the 1.8" backer and then with shims (small pieces of 1/8" material) make the angel thicker. I hope that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• GladeFade
    replied
    First off how thick is the board you cut?
    When I want something to stand out I use backer-boards 1/8 thick to get the depth.
    that means you would have to cut the big cutting into pieces to put the spacer behind.
    for instance the cloud bottom right which his hand is on I would put maybe 3/8 spacer behind that piece.
    Where by the bottom cloud would have none. the nightshirt would have 1/4 behind it.
    You have to play a little bit with the spacers to get the effect you want.
    Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Linda In Phoenix
    replied
    Looking at the image, I would sand down the clouds a bit on the left (as you're looking at it)....to make it look like the clouds on the right are the closest to you. Then with the clouds to the left being less pronounced it will make it look more like he is sitting on them. Humorous design choice that makes you want to smile.

Leave a comment:

• planeur
    replied
    Here is the angel at this time, and please don't be afraid to criticize or advise me , I still have a lot to learn!πŸ˜‰πŸ™„
    First cutting

20210503_113442.jpg
    Then after today cutting, sanding, sanding, sanding.....πŸ˜„

IMG_1825 (2).JPG

How would you cut or make the feet to be more visible. I allready made a small cut with a knife

I love very much to do that piece, and it stimulate my creation and sculptor
    The eyes and hair are allready made, but you will see them later....πŸ˜‰

Thanks

planeur

Leave a comment:

• planeur
    started a topic My covid angel

My covid angel

Hello scrollsaw and sculptor experts !
    I will need your advises to do that drawing (found on the web ), to make it in 3D , with cherry wood. It is a gift for my brother in law, for his messages of encouragement concerning the COVID. and since more than a year.
    I wont tell you the finish plan of it ( a surprise....πŸ˜‰), but will need your help for the sculptor phase ! I am not yet a good sculptor as some of you but I begin to see more and more in 3D !😁
    I have allready cut it , and had sculpted some parts , as the cloud.
    So will show you the progrest later today.

Your advises are Welcome !

Thanks

planeur

Capture d'Γ©cran 2021-04-30 10.17.56.png

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X