• Show
Clear All

Looking good. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

IMG_1880 (2).JPG
      Tadammmmmm ! 😁

The covid Angel is now ready to please my brother in law , with a funny face different, that I found while trying to be funny, and a kind that Marc will like I am sure. πŸ˜‰
      And Marc is our Covid Angel and my brother in law !

The hair is a β€œ wood application” that we put on a panel or furniture etc.

The entire piece is in cherry, the covid ball ( with small nail ) and eyebrow are in Bubinga , the eyes are in Amarant wood .

Have a lot of fun doing it, and learn a lot the way how to sculpted, but still have a lot to learn. I found that (for me ) sculpturing need that you have to be very calm and each scalpel or tool strokes must be calculated and never in a hurry 😲!

IMG_1892-1.jpg

Finish with Osmo oil satin.
      Thanks again for your supports and advises, I am not yet a sculptor but know more now the ability of those artists !

planeur

Comment

Very cool. It's coming along nicely. Love the way you did the foot area! If you want to kinda test what the piece will look like once you put a finish on it, brush it with mineral spirits. It brings out the natural richness of the wood mimicking a bit of what oil or other clear coats would do. Plus mineral spirits dries without staining.
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

What a unique piece. Love it!
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

That came out just great. I think you have raised the bar for all of us. Now what is your next challenge?
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

You did a great job!
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thanks to all !πŸ˜€ Will give him later in June.
                And Scott , for the moment and in summer time lest time in the shop because lot of others outsides activities ( gardening, biking, walking ) !
                And I am working very part time on this project , already show you : https://forum.scrollsawer.com/forum/...wood-lampshade , how I will do it and which pattern etc.

Have a good week

planeur

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X