Pattern assistance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern assistance

Hi everyone. We have our Scoutmaster finally hanging it up after 12 years. I have offered to cut this pattern and have us Assitant scout masters sign it.
    Can someone help me put this to vector or a cutable pattern.
    I appreciate your help.
    Happy scrolling
    scroller777
    Attached Files

If you could produce a photo against a plain white background it would be infinitely easier to convert it. In Photoshop I could simply use an outline filter on it to get a useable pattern, but the boards behind it would become part of the outline and take too much editing to remove.
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeasleyTurnings
    Stabilized blanks and more

Comment

Here is a close version. I took the Boy Scotts Fleur de lei and cut out of the W. (Cambria).

I some areas in the middle did not come out the same. If you wanted you could add the name across the middle.

Let me know if you want this as a PDF or SVG or any changes. Send me a PM with your email

Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Version 2. I put the bar in the middle that fell out on the merge.
        Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Don
          Great work on that piece. My Scoutmaster was a great man and Until Alzheimers took it away, Mr. White knew what he meant to a rag-tag bunch of boys.
          Jim
          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Don that is a great pattern.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Awesome pattern, Don. Just what they were looking for.
              Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Nice work Don.

Karl
                Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Wow, thank you Don, exactly what I was looking for. I will be cutting it this weekend. I appreciate all of your help and awesome guidance I have always received here.
                  Happy scrolling.
                  Thanks Don

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bill Wilson
                    Reply to wipe on poly and tack cloth
                    by Bill Wilson
                    First, follow the instructions on the can, regarding wait time between coats. I would think that for the first couple coats, re-applying while the previous coat was still tacky wouldn't be terrible, but I would warn that building several coats without allowing proper drying time, will extend the overall,...
                    Today, 08:50 AM
                  • Don in Brooklin On
                    Reply to wipe on poly and tack cloth
                    by Don in Brooklin On
                    I use wipe on poly quite often and I apply 2 thin coats before sanding with 220 or 320. I wipe with a lint free. Someone told me not to use tack cloth as you can leave behind a wee bit of beeswax witch could cause issues later on.

I make sure that the surface is dry and not tacky before...
                    Yesterday, 05:41 AM
                  • dwssr2
                    wipe on poly and tack cloth
                    by dwssr2
                    Question, when sanding polyurethane in between coats, using a tack cloth, is it ok to wipe on poly while the project seems tacky or should a person wait a few hours to let it dry?
                    How necessary is it to sand between coats of polyurethane? I am sure people have a lot of different opinions and...
                    04-24-2019, 05:58 PM
                  • tgiro01
                    Reply to Do you know what this Is?
                    by tgiro01
                    Betty asked: "Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due to its complexity but - if they leave it laying around and a child gets a part and chokes, is that my responsibility or theirs?"...
                    04-24-2019, 12:20 PM
                  • RJweb
                    Reply to Do you know what this Is?
                    by RJweb
                    The problem now a days everyone is sue happy, no matter who’s at fault, RJ...
                    04-24-2019, 10:03 AM
                  Working...
                  X