Pattern software and tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern software and tools

Pattern designers, what software do you like to use and any other tools or resources?

A lot of designers use GIMP and/or Inkscape. Both free and there are lots of tutorials.

There are some on this site by JIm Mex

plus check out Scroll Saw Village Univeristy.
    Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Break out your #2 pencils, we're back in school. Free online classes to expand your scroll sawing horizons.
      Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Thanks Don. Greatly appreciate it.

Comment

I’ll have to check that out in January.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Anyone have a suggestion for software for an iPad Pro?

Comment

Originally posted by cut up View Post
              Anyone have a suggestion for software for an iPad Pro?
              I am no computer expert but there is a MAC version of GIMP which should work for you.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thanks, Scott. I did find a program called x-gimp that was supposedly like gimp, but for the iPad. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get it to work, there was no tech support available for it and it was recommended that it not be used because of possible threats. And that was in the Apple App Store. I may have to resort to going back to my windows computer so I can use my PhotoShop program.

Comment

Why not load Gimp on your Windows computer. I had it on my Windows PC and now on my MAC. It works great,,,,, me not so much, but I keep practicing and learning. There is a great tutorial here on how to convert a photo to a pencil drawing them from there, pick up the Scroll Village University tutorial to finish it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwVDKf4xbeo

That is what I am learning now... I'm getting closer. I think it is easier to learn Gimp on Windows because that is what most tutorial teach, but not a whole lot different looking on a MAC.
                  AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dan A
                    Reply to Last weekends wood show
                    Dan A
                    Congratulations, Rolf

Dan
                    Today, 06:15 PM
                  • Rubsterwine
                    Reply to My hegner is chopping thru wood
                    Rubsterwine
                    Thanks guys: The blade is not being pinched. I have parts list and diagram, the bearing on the crank linkage are sealed but I have on order a new linkage with bearings. Yes I oil the bushings every couple of weeks. I thought maybe the screws on the upper clamp might worn to much so I removed the two...
                    Today, 03:48 PM
                  • Sandy Oaks
                    Reply to Christmas show stuff
                    Sandy Oaks
                    Wow, Tony. Those are amazing. Thanks for showing the glue up.
                    Today, 11:20 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to My hegner is chopping thru wood
                    will8989
                    Check the thumb screw in the upper holder. On the end is a tiny screw that must be perfectly flat. If it’s not it won’t grab the blade properly. I replace mine every few years. The problem this time is with #5 blades. The bottom of the blade is not even and I believe that is my problem. The other...
                    Today, 11:11 AM
                  • handibunny
                    Reply to Christmas show stuff
                    handibunny
                    Thanks, Tony. That's what I thought you'd have to do. Your work is impeccable!
                    Today, 11:00 AM
                  Working...
                  X