Pattern software and tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern software and tools

Pattern designers, what software do you like to use and any other tools or resources?

A lot of designers use GIMP and/or Inkscape. Both free and there are lots of tutorials.

There are some on this site by JIm Mex

plus check out Scroll Saw Village Univeristy.
    Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Break out your #2 pencils, we're back in school. Free online classes to expand your scroll sawing horizons.
      Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Thanks Don. Greatly appreciate it.

Comment

I’ll have to check that out in January.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Anyone have a suggestion for software for an iPad Pro?

Comment

Originally posted by cut up View Post
              Anyone have a suggestion for software for an iPad Pro?
              I am no computer expert but there is a MAC version of GIMP which should work for you.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thanks, Scott. I did find a program called x-gimp that was supposedly like gimp, but for the iPad. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get it to work, there was no tech support available for it and it was recommended that it not be used because of possible threats. And that was in the Apple App Store. I may have to resort to going back to my windows computer so I can use my PhotoShop program.

Comment

Why not load Gimp on your Windows computer. I had it on my Windows PC and now on my MAC. It works great,,,,, me not so much, but I keep practicing and learning. There is a great tutorial here on how to convert a photo to a pencil drawing them from there, pick up the Scroll Village University tutorial to finish it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwVDKf4xbeo

That is what I am learning now... I'm getting closer. I think it is easier to learn Gimp on Windows because that is what most tutorial teach, but not a whole lot different looking on a MAC.
                  AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• strohman
                    Reply to Which end is up?
                    strohman
                    I did indeed have the blade in upside down. I was using some Bosch blades that I picked up from Lowes.
                    On Friday I got some Olsen blades in the mail. I hadn't ever seen any blades this thin. It was a bit of a struggle seeing the teeth, but I was able to feel the top and bottom of the blade...
                    Today, 09:49 PM
                  • Trackman
                    Reply to Fall Issue #72
                    Trackman
                    I too wish the best for Mindy!
                    Today, 07:11 PM
                  • Kiwi
                    Reply to Jaguar
                    Kiwi
                    It is a pattern from Neal Moore's book "Wildlife Portraits in Wood." He has some other interesting designs in that book and gives full instructions on how best to make each project.

Each of the pattern parts are cut from a piece of 12mm plywood. Then they are stained their respective...
                    Today, 05:32 PM
                  • leehljp
                    Reply to Fall Issue #72
                    leehljp
                    I received mine yesterday but didn't get to look through until this (Sunday) afternoon. Carole had another great article in it. This one was on a Dice Tower.

When looking at the dice tower, I didn't notice the author until I was the next page and I looked back. It was Carole!
                    Today, 03:45 PM
                  • Sandy Oaks
                    Reply to Jaguar
                    Sandy Oaks
                    Very well done. Can you show a side view to get a feel for the depth?
                    Today, 12:16 PM
                  Working...
                  X