printing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printing

why do i have so much trouble printing the patterns,, i keep losing part of the pic??

Make sure the scaling is correct on your printer settings.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

printing

i did check it looks right to me , i down loaded a pic of an elephant from the free patterns file if i use easy connon set up it works but it is eather to small or to big cant get the right size...

Comment

Can you post a link to the file and tell us what size you want it to be? Some of the patterns will require other software to reduce or enlarge but it depends on the pattern. How are you saving the picture? If you click a thumbnail it will open a preview window which you can then double click to open full size and then save it. The more info you provide on which browser you are using and any info on your printer make and model might help also.
        Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

printing

i think it is free paterns from wildlife pics30977d1275569924-elephantsilhouettepu8.jpg

Comment

What size do you need it to be?
            Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

printing

well i finally figured it out if i save it i can send it to word. an make it any size i want ,,,thanks for trying to help

Comment

John if you download a free viewer called irfanview you can re-size and clean up images very easily.

Here is a link...
                IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

Here is their tutorial...
                Irfanview Tutorial

Hope this helps..
                "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

what i do is right click on the picture and select print.

this will bring up a little box with a picture in the frame. It has a bunch of choices on the right side like full sgeet, 4 x 6, 8 x 10, etc,.

there is a little check box that says fit to frame. click that and unclick it and you will see what it does, i usually unclick it.

then print it. It will come out as just about as big as the sheet will allow but not overflowing.

Comment

You can also download inkscape for free, it took me a while to get to know the program but was worth it. It's incredibly useful. One thing you can do with it that I really enjoy, is to make a picture/pattern a HUGE size and print the whole thing by moving sections of it over your printable page area to print, then taping them together once printed. I have done patterns spanning six plus 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper that way.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dan A
                      Reply to Last weekends wood show
                      Dan A
                      Congratulations, Rolf

Dan
                      Today, 06:15 PM
                    • Rubsterwine
                      Reply to My hegner is chopping thru wood
                      Rubsterwine
                      Thanks guys: The blade is not being pinched. I have parts list and diagram, the bearing on the crank linkage are sealed but I have on order a new linkage with bearings. Yes I oil the bushings every couple of weeks. I thought maybe the screws on the upper clamp might worn to much so I removed the two...
                      Today, 03:48 PM
                    • Sandy Oaks
                      Reply to Christmas show stuff
                      Sandy Oaks
                      Wow, Tony. Those are amazing. Thanks for showing the glue up.
                      Today, 11:20 AM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to My hegner is chopping thru wood
                      will8989
                      Check the thumb screw in the upper holder. On the end is a tiny screw that must be perfectly flat. If it’s not it won’t grab the blade properly. I replace mine every few years. The problem this time is with #5 blades. The bottom of the blade is not even and I believe that is my problem. The other...
                      Today, 11:11 AM
                    • handibunny
                      Reply to Christmas show stuff
                      handibunny
                      Thanks, Tony. That's what I thought you'd have to do. Your work is impeccable!
                      Today, 11:00 AM
                    Working...
                    X